Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Settings Unavailable

Solved!

Settings Unavailable

2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I just got a Note 9 and when I go to the app settings to adjust the quality of downloads and similar settings show they are unavailable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. What can I do to resolve the issue?

Screenshot_20181207-175718_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jjones6993!

I know that you already fixed the issue by reinstalling the app but I just wanted to let you know that the reason why those settings are grayed out is because you're using Spotify Connect and playing music on another device.

Here's an answer about the music quality used while using Spotify Connect.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Uninstalled app and removed all devices on a PC. Reinstalled on phone and the it fixed the issue. 

Marked as solution

Hey @jjones6993!

I know that you already fixed the issue by reinstalling the app but I just wanted to let you know that the reason why those settings are grayed out is because you're using Spotify Connect and playing music on another device.

Here's an answer about the music quality used while using Spotify Connect.

Hope this helps 🙂

It shows the weakness of humanity that this same lack of decent app design still exists almost 5 years later.
It is really tiresome to be subjected to "the best app available" that really isnt that good at all. I play talking heads a lot these days as were on a road to nowhere as it seems...

Suggested posts