Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing music on spotify

Solved!

Sharing music on spotify

I can no longer share a song on spotify using spotify. I used to be able to click share, select recipient, and type a name. Now when i click share my phone options pop up with text message, facebook, fb messenger, and every other option you could think of except spotify. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, according to this post, "...told it was part of them rolling out a new feature, and that I'll have to deal with it until it resolves itself".

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Welcome to the Community, fireball1901! Thanks for reaching out.

Below, I've pasted some instructions on how to share to another Spotify user just be sure that both your accounts are connected to, and friended on, Facebook.

1. Tap the options button () on the artist, album, or playlist page, or next to a track. Or, you can just tap and hold an artist, album, playlist, or track until the options pop up.

2. Tap Share.
  3. Tap Send to…
  4. Tap Select Recipient. You can also choose to share via email and text here. It’ll also detect and offer sharing options for any other integrated apps, such as Facebook messenger and WhatsApp.
  5. Type in the name of the recipient and a message if you’d like.
  6. Tap Send.

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

The option of send, select recipient doesnt even come up. It used to. That is exactly how i used to do it. Now i it goes strsight to the phone options such as text, messenger, and the whatsup app and other options, none of which are spotify
Marked as solution

Hey, according to this post, "...told it was part of them rolling out a new feature, and that I'll have to deal with it until it resolves itself".

Suggested posts