Shuffle button too small

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

A few updates ago, the size of the shuffle button in playlists changed. It is now very small compared to before and, in my opinion, too small for being probably the main button on the screen. My Spotify version is 8.6.56.867.

This is probably a bug (because there isn't any reason to just make the button smaller), so I'm reporting it here. Please change it back! 🙂

Attached are two screenshots, one showing the size before and the other one showing the size after.

Thanks in advance!

Before.png
After.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding. In that case, I'd still recommend having a look at the ideas section and posting a new idea if nothing similar has already been posted as this does seem to just be a design change, but the Spotify team always welcomes feedback! 

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @nick169,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the shuffle play button on Android. This is an intentional aspect of the design at the moment. The small shuffle icon is just to indicate that pressing the large play button will shuffle your playlist. So, to start a playlist without shuffling, you would need to tap on a song from the list and then make sure your shuffle is turned off from the now playing section; just tap in the bottom area of your playback controls, such as on the artwork or the area where the track title and artist are displayed, to access the full controls.

Please check out this idea and feel free to vote and comment on it if you'd like to see the behavior of this button changed. 

dinomightSpotify Star

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I know of the feature you are referring to, but this isn't my issue and I didn't mean that in my original post.

I'm sorry for the confusion but I'm attaching two pics that better explain it. I am referring to the whole button size, not just the small shuffle icon part.

Before.png
After.png
Marked as solution

Ah gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding. In that case, I'd still recommend having a look at the ideas section and posting a new idea if nothing similar has already been posted as this does seem to just be a design change, but the Spotify team always welcomes feedback! 

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts