Free

Country

Spain

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 / Xiaomi Mi A2

Operating System

Android 7/Android 8.1

My Question or Issue

Since the last main update, my playlist are supposed to play on shuffle (as it reminds every time, telling you to suscribe to premium if you DO NOT WANT to shuffle) but they play in order, maybe skipping one or two songs if so. The result: always listening to the same songs

21 Replies

Re: Shuffle in playlist not working (FREE)

Hey @Jblanco93.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

We recommend you read this Spotify Answer, where you can find out more about the shuffle function on the Spotify free version on mobile.

Let us know if that clears things up for you. If not, we'll be here to help you out further :)

Take care,

P

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

Jblanco93
Music Fan

Well, it just says what I know, that I cannot play whatever song I want for free, so I cannot pick any song I'd like. The problem is that I WANT TO SHUFFLE. What I want is what I am supposed to have for free. But I'm not able to do it, because when it is supposed to play in shuffle it plays in order, always the same songs in the same order so I only listen to the newly added ones.

Hey there @Jblanco93,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We'd recommend trying logging in your account from a different device to see if the issue persists.

If you can listen to songs on shuffle mode with no issues on that device, we'd highly recommend performing a reinstall on your first device by following these steps.

Let us know how it goes :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Jblanco93
Music Fan

It happened in my older phone, and in the actual one. In the older I already tried deleting the app, relogging..  and it still happens.

Hey again @Jblanco93,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Just to confirm, could you let us know the version of the Spotify app you're rocking on your devices? Also, do you see the Shuffle Play button on your playlists?

Further, it'd be helpful if you could include any screenshots so we could take a closer look.

We'll be keeping an eye for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Jblanco93
Music Fan

Here there are, version and public playlist.

Screenshot_20180928-110238.png
Screenshot_20180928-110300.png
Highlighted

Hey there @Jblanco93,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these :)

Could you let us know if, when clicking the "Aleatorio" button, then skipping a song, if the song that plays is the third in line or a different one from the playlist? 

On another note, please make sure you're on the latest version of the app by  following the steps here.

Let us know how that goes :)

KaterinaModerator

Jblanco93
Music Fan

It plays in order 1,2,3,7 

Hey again @Jblanco93,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

Could you let us know if the same issue occurs if you log in with a different account on your devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply :)

KaterinaModerator
SUGGESTED POSTS