Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle in playlist not working (FREE)

Shuffle in playlist not working (FREE)

Plan

Free

Country

Spain

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 / Xiaomi Mi A2

Operating System

Android 7/Android 8.1

My Question or Issue

Since the last main update, my playlist are supposed to play on shuffle (as it reminds every time, telling you to suscribe to premium if you DO NOT WANT to shuffle) but they play in order, maybe skipping one or two songs if so. The result: always listening to the same songs

21 Replies

Hey @Jblanco93.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

We recommend you read this Spotify Answer, where you can find out more about the shuffle function on the Spotify free version on mobile.

Let us know if that clears things up for you. If not, we'll be here to help you out further 🙂

Take care,

P

Well, it just says what I know, that I cannot play whatever song I want for free, so I cannot pick any song I'd like. The problem is that I WANT TO SHUFFLE. What I want is what I am supposed to have for free. But I'm not able to do it, because when it is supposed to play in shuffle it plays in order, always the same songs in the same order so I only listen to the newly added ones.

Hey there @Jblanco93,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We'd recommend trying logging in your account from a different device to see if the issue persists.

If you can listen to songs on shuffle mode with no issues on that device, we'd highly recommend performing a reinstall on your first device by following these steps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It happened in my older phone, and in the actual one. In the older I already tried deleting the app, relogging..  and it still happens.

Hey again @Jblanco93,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Just to confirm, could you let us know the version of the Spotify app you're rocking on your devices? Also, do you see the Shuffle Play button on your playlists?

Further, it'd be helpful if you could include any screenshots so we could take a closer look.

We'll be keeping an eye for your reply!

KaterinaModerator

Here there are, version and public playlist.

Screenshot_20180928-110238.png
Screenshot_20180928-110300.png

Hey there @Jblanco93,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these 🙂

Could you let us know if, when clicking the "Aleatorio" button, then skipping a song, if the song that plays is the third in line or a different one from the playlist? 

On another note, please make sure you're on the latest version of the app by  following the steps here.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator

It plays in order 1,2,3,7 

Hey again @Jblanco93,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

Could you let us know if the same issue occurs if you log in with a different account on your devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hello,

I've tried with another account, same playlist, and it happens the same, it always play the first songs.

And well?

Hey again @Jblanco93,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

In this case, we'd suggest to follow the steps below instead for a clean reinstall:

• Head here and click Remove all devices
  • Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  • From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  • Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  • Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  • Switch your device back on
  • Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Mmm it seems to be the same. However, when I tried to delete my devices, there was no devices no choose.

I tried playing a playlist called Todo Urban, and it went 1,2,4,7. The main problem is that everytime is the same order.

Btw, in a PC everything works normally.

Screenshot_20181108-093803.png

Still waiting

Cmon guya, this is annoying ar. Just want to play random playlists.

Hey @Jblanco93.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for keeping you waiting!

Just to confirm, was it not working on your desktop app before, and now it's been fixed? Or was it always working normally?

Further, does this happen for all playlists which have the Listen in Shuffle tag underneath the album?

Once we have this information, we will be able to troubleshoot this further.

We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Good morning,

The desktop app (PC) works ok, every playlist played in random play random songs.

The problem is on the mobile app, after the "big" update, on every playlist. As I said with some examples, it plays the first songs, sometimes skipping one or two, or if the playlist (as the 2018 favourite songs one) has the option to choose the songs, then it plays one by one, no random choice.

First of all, can you confirm me that this is not how it is supposed to be so something is wrong? 

Hey @Jblanco93.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

No, it shouldn't be shuffling that way. Let's look into this further.

Would you mind connecting your device to another device (e.g. a speaker) using the Connect feature and tell us if the issue persists?

We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Hello,

I've tried to play music on my pc using my phone app, as you said, using the connect feature, and it works fine, that is, shuffling. Just after that, I've chosen listen on this phone, and tried to play the same playlist (after changing) and it happened again, same songs as always (not in strict order but playing always the same 4-5 songs out 5 skips).

Can't try with a speaker right now, but I remember having the issue connecting a speaker via Bluetooth, without using the connect feature (just media audio).

I have to wait every time I try due to the 5-only skips so it's a slow process.

Suggested posts