Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Pixel 4

Operating System

Android 11

Shuffle mode seems to be activating itself constantly. Regularly when I listen to an album I notice that shuffle is activated, although I never consciously did that. When I manually deactivate it, next time I listen to an album, it will be activated again most of the time. I noticed this question was already asked in 2017 by a user but apparently there was no answer. Anyone has an idea?

3 Replies

Hey there @pr79

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Shuffle is still activating itself regularly. Anyone has the same issue?

Best,
Peter

Hey @pr79,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Just to double-check- does the issue persist with another account on the same device?

You can send us also a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts