Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

(Moto Z4)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Every time I start up my Spotify app and select a song to play, shuffle automatically turns on. This is especially annoying when I am trying to listen to an album all the way through or listen to a playlist I have created. I do not like having to fumble with my phone while I am driving as it is dangerous. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Shuffle turns on by itself

Hey there @moseph88

Help’s here!

If you're having trouble turning off the Shuffle play mode on Spotify you might need to perform a clean reinstall of the app on the device where you experience the issue. This ensures you a fresh start with Spotify by getting the latest app version with all necessary updates.  

If this persists, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings run active on your device. Make sure you disable these since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.   

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi there,

I have a similar problem and it is a bit aggravating. It happens both on my phone (android) and my desktop (linux) version. I can turn shuffle on and off with no issue. The problem is that it appears to come back at random (without me selecting it - I  hate shuffle, I think an album should be listened at in the order initially designed by the artist).

I have actually just re-installed on both my phone and my desktop, as suggested. Will let you know if that solves the issue.

Cheers,

Francois

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I do see that this is an ongoing issue among other users. Are there any other possible solutions? Thank you for your response!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yes, same here, it did not solve the problem.
Highlighted

Hey @moseph88 and @frigaut

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In case you experience the issue across different devices it's a good idea to check if you observe the same when using a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information.

Another thing worth trying is how this goes when logging in to a different Spotify account on the affected device. If it works with another account, follow the steps in this Spotify Answer on how to start a new account without losing your saved music.  

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
SUGGESTED POSTS