Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skips songs, Z2 Tablet

Skips songs, Z2 Tablet

Just got my new Sony Z2 tablet (wifi only), all updated and fresh installed including Spotify.

Then i go to settings and put "extreme quality" on, Spotify often, like every 2nd song, it start playing next song for 1-2 seconds and then skips to next direct. If i put it at "high quality" instead it all seem to work just fine.

Havnt noticed any problems on my HTC Once phone or my other tablet, a Asus TF300.

13 Replies

I'm having the same issue, but with my iphone. It fast forwards my songs, and skips them after a few seconds. I tried listening to Spotify on my desktop and it's working fine. Is this a glitch with the new Spotify update? If so, how do we fix this?

@Aotw that can happen sometimes with a poor internet connection or, occasionally, server issues.

Hey @taraiannotti the iOS section is over here.

@Joe Could it have any to do with that i'm not using premium? I just reallised i cant choose extreme quality on my mobile phone since it's a premium feautre, but on my tablet i can choose extreme, but as a free user i shouldnt be able to on my tablet? And this somehow then i try to stream on extreme anyway it creates some sort of bug and makes it skip songs?

You're right, the extreme option shouldn't be available to you on mobile devices as a free user. Does it only happen when you select "extreme"?

Does extreme still show as an option if you reinstall spotify?

Yea, as far as i been able to notice it only happens then "extreme" is choosen under settings on my tablet. If i go to high it works as it should. Allready removed and reinstalled the app yesterday but just did so again and i can still choose "extreme".

If i try to choose extreme on my mobile phone it says premium features only, no such warning on my tablet. I do belive i have had the option for "extreme" in past on my phone also.

I'll mention this to the spotify staff as it does look like a bug to me too. Thanks for pointing it out 🙂

Hey @Aotw thanks for reaching out about this. 

First of all, have you already tried a clean reinstallation on your device? Give that a go and let us know if you can still reproduce this--thanks!

Hey @Meredith

This is a completely new Sony Z2 tablet from  the shop and yes i have allready once wiped my tablet since i got it and done a clean installation of whole tablet last friday then i recieved it, then i only had a few apps installed.

I did do a factory reset/clean install on my old tablet a Asus Transformer TF300T just now, installed Spotify, changed to "extreme" quality and very first thing it dit was to skip to next track, and same thing on a few others i tracks i tried playing. Going back to "high" quality it works perfect.

So thats 2 different tablets with same problem, with fresh installations.

Hey @Aotw & @taraiannotti 

Thanks for posting more info guys. If you could both confirm the following we can continue investigating:

1. Device(s) affected

2. Spotify app version installed

3. Device OS

1. Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (WiFi)

2. Spotify 1.1.2.453

3. Android 4.4.2

1. ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T (WiFi)

2. Spotify 1.1.2.453

3. Android 4.2.1

Hey @meredith it's an iphone 4 with iOS 7.1.2. The Spotify version is 1.5.0. I am still having this issue with Spotify

@taraiannotti - There is an open bug about this on iOS here too:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Tracks-Skipping-on-WiFi-4G/m-p/655830#M2616

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts