Sleep timer not working with podcasts

Sleep timer not working with podcasts

pauldwade
Music Fan

I use some podcasts to help me get to sleep, but I've noticed that the sleep timer doesn't work with them, episodes keep playing even though I set the timer to stop playing after the episode or an hour. 

Is this a known issue? 

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

Google Pixel 4a 

Operating System

Android 11

28 Replies

Mihail

Hey @deeeeekun,

Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind that we're always testing new thing out in order to provide you with the best listening experience. So it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

If you post an idea we can track the popularity of the feature request more easily and there will be a central space for other users engage in the discussion.

We appreciate your understanding. Keep us posted if anything else comes up!

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Mike_Urry
Casual Listener

This is also happening to me. Sleep timer and speed adjustments don't work when using a podcast and Spotify connect (music is fine).

Mike_Urry
Casual Listener

I would recommend implementing clearly disirable features that all your competitors have without users having to suggest them as features, but hey, that's just me. Amazed a feature this simple doesn't work.

Nexpress

Simply download the podcast episode and play/cast it from the library. Spotify stops after the playlist is exhausted. 

Dimbrit

Used to be able to do this now I cant, very frustrating. One of the the main uses I had for the nest mini I'm the bedroom way playing a podcast as I'd wind down for sleep

pauldwade
Music Fan
Yes there's always a workaround, but if an app has a feature it should work! No point having a sleep timer option of it's useless.

pauldwade
Music Fan

I'm finding that the sleep timer is even becoming unreliable with music now when casting to a Nest Mini, and I pay for premium! 😠😠

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

CyclopsPL
Regular

I have the same issue. Playing podcasts on the phone with Bluetooth headphones. Sleep timer is completely ignored and the podcasts keep playing when I set it to End of episode

SUGGESTED POSTS