Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone please help me

Someone please help me

Hello. I have been experiencing problems when using Spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s6). When I am listening to music the first song and sometimes the second song plays perfectly. But when the song ends all of the sudden the music stops and does not play the next song. In some cases, is says that the song is playing but it is not. When I go into the Spotify app I have to press the play/pause icon to get the next song. And I have to go into the app just to have to next song play. My device is a Samsung Galaxy s6. My operating system is Android 6.0.1 . My Spotify version is 5.6.0.701 . Someone please help me find a solution to this issue i'm having. I hope in hearing from someone soon. Thank you.
4 Replies

Hi @Imsofunny_101 and welcome to the community!

Let's see if we can get things back to normal so you can enjoy more than just the first two songs!

First of all, try clearing the cache - on Android, go into the settings, scroll down and the option to Delete cache and saved data is second from bottom. This deletes everything except the app, so you will need to re-download any tunes you have stored for offline listening - don't worry though, all of your perfectly crafted playlists will still be there!

If you've tried that and still have problems, try uninstalling and then re-installing the app from the Play store. Again, all your downloaded stuff will need to be downloaded again but when you log in, your playlists will be safe and sound!

If after all this, you still have issues, post back here and we'll see what else we can try!

Hi @Jayb72 .
Thank you for the welcome. I wanted to inform you that I have followed the steps of your instructions to better my music experience on Spotify. Unfortunately it did not help. Now only one song plays and then I have to go into the app to play the next song. Or sometimes even the first song will just stop in the middle when it is playing. I hope you have further instructions to help find a solution for the issue I'm experiencing. I hope in hearing from you soon.
Thank you.

@jayb72

Hey @Imsofunny_101,

Sorry to hear that didn't work for you.

You can get in touch with Spotify via the contact form. If you get an email back directing to the support forums, reply back to that email - even if it is from noreply - and the support team will be able to take a look at your issue and you'll hear from them shortly. Alternatively, you can use the Twitter Spotify help which is monitored by Spotify staff employees as well here: @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts