Country

US

Device

(Lg G3 Beat)

Operating System

(Android 5.0.2)

My Question or Issue

Hi

I was using Spotify on my iPhone for a couple of year now and it handle it well but since I needed a secondary device playback SO I setup my old Lg G3 Beat (d724) and insert my micro SD card and started to download songs and after that when I was listening to, it suddenly stops and when I close it and run it again it shows the Log in/ Sign up page and even after logging in all the downloaded songs are gone; But I realized that in the setting on the "Storage" section it shows the downloaded as cache and after a rebooting everything is gone!!!

I save the songs on my micro SD (64 GB Silicon Power).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MrJLincoln, help's arrived. 

There are some things to keep in mind when using an SD card with Spotify:

• SD cards should be formatted as portable. Make sure it's not formatted as
    internal memory/adoptable storage. If it is, reformat the SD card.
  • SD cards should not be encrypted.

If you've controlled that and it's still not working, remove your offline devices from your account page and try again (you need to download your music again, but try with just one playlist for example).

After that, try a different SD card if possible and see if it makes a difference.

Keep us posted 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @MrJLincoln, help's arrived. 

There are some things to keep in mind when using an SD card with Spotify:

• SD cards should be formatted as portable. Make sure it's not formatted as
    internal memory/adoptable storage. If it is, reformat the SD card.
  • SD cards should not be encrypted.

If you've controlled that and it's still not working, remove your offline devices from your account page and try again (you need to download your music again, but try with just one playlist for example).

After that, try a different SD card if possible and see if it makes a difference.

Keep us posted 🙂

Dear Jemi 

Thanks for your solution,

I've just tested both of your methods but it in the middle of downloading it crashes and when I opened it, all was GONE!!!! 

Hey @MrJLincoln.

Perhaps it's best to try to fix this without being in the middle of downloading.

So perhaps reinstall the app using these instructions. But just before you install Spotify again, head over here and remove all Offline devices.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Just note that I've change it for a smaller amount not a larger (16GB Silicon Power) and it worked!!!!

sadly I could not use the 64GB micro SD for that matter =(

Suggested posts