Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song metadata not in sync using Android Auto and Spotify over car Bluetooth

Song metadata not in sync using Android Auto and Spotify over car Bluetooth

Hi,

I use Spotify on my phone to play music through a Bluetooth connection to my car's Bluetooth radio receiver.  I have 2 cars, a VW Tiguan and a Ford Focus, both behave in the same way.

When Spotify is active and playing music and Android Auto is off then the song metadata stays in sync between Spotify and the radio display.

When Spotify and Android Auto are both active together (even if Spotify has been activated via Android Auto, i.e. wasn't running prior to opening Android Auto) the song metadata starts off in sync between Spotify and the radio display but when the song changes to the next song the radio display is not kept in sync as still displays the first song that was played.

This issue is only happening when using Android Auto and Spotify at the same time, Spotify on its own works fine.

I have posted this issue in the Google Android Auto forums as the issue could be with the Android Auto app instead?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

OnePlus 3T

Operating System

Android version 8.0.0

3 Replies

I have the same failure...

Car: Renault Zoe
Phone: Nokia 8

Android: 8.1.0

Has this issue ever been solved?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We've created an Ongoing Issue which sounds similar to what you've experienced and it'd be great if you'd take a look at it by clicking here.

You can add your vote (by clicking +VOTE) and leave a comment with your feedback to be notified about any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts