Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song muted after Skipping manually on my Bluetooth-Connected Car

Song muted after Skipping manually on my Bluetooth-Connected Car

Hello, like many others i have the issue that my music mutes after skipping a song manually, when connected to my Car via bluetooth. I then need to turn the Volume of the car Up again or Press Play again. The Song time-stence runs just perfectly along on the Phone.

• Device (make + model) + OS version and your exact Spotify version: OnePlus 8 PRO on Android 11 with Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5.IN11BA, Spotify 8.6.20.1063
  • Does it happen with specific songs only or randomly? Randomly on every Song, sometimes the same song works and then doesn´t
  • Do you have any connected devices while playing the affected track/playlist/album? Car, Seat Leon Cupra 5F from 2020. Bluetooth-Headphones (Sony) work perfectly fine.
  • Are you using a SD Card? No
  • Does this happen in online or offline mode? Both
  • Is it happening on WiFi or mobile data or both? Both
  • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far or other relevant info  Factory-Reset of Phone and Car-Multimedia, Complete Reset of Bluetooth-Connection, Spotify clean De-and Install, Developer-Settings for AVRCP and MAP tried with any possible setting

Amazon Music f.E. works perfectly fine.

12 Replies

Hey @Koerner1996

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If the clean reinstall didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, I already did a clean install, but tried it once again now, without
any changes.

Also batteryoptions and permissions are all done. what else could I try?

Hi @Koerner1996

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind checking if the OS of your phone has any pending updates?

Additionally, could you try with a different phone to check if the issue persists there as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Updates are non available.
Another Android Phone worked for me, Samsung Galaxy S10. it's running on
Android 10.

Hi @Koerner1996

Thanks for letting us know that. 

Would you mind checking if the issue persists if you use a different internet connection?

Also, would you mind letting us know if you have any cache-clearing apps that cleans your phone's cache constantly? If so, we'd suggest adding Spotify to the exception list.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

I haven't got any cache cleaning apps or something else, I also
factoryreseted my phone.

I also tried it with WiFi and mobile data, as well I downloaded songs and
tried it as well as in offline mode. Nothing changed..

Hey again @Koerner1996

Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to confirm, is this happening only when you're using Bluetooth or when you're using aux or USB cable as well?

On another note, could you let us know how much storage space does your phone have available?

It's also a good idea to make sure that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator

Hi again 🙂

when I use Android Auto everything works just fine. I Can't try out AUX at
the moment.

I have about 100Gb local space available, and every battery/background
permissions are given.

Hey @Koerner1996,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

There seems to be some issues with how the data is transmitted from OnePlus devices to Car's infotainment systems via Bluetooth. We suggest reaching out to the manufacturer for further info about this.

In the meantime, we suggest to keep using the app through Android Auto or with an AUX cable if it works properly.

We'll be right here if you have any questions or need a hand with anything else.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Hello again. 

After I've waited for several Spotify updates and Android Updates that may fix my issue, I'm back again. nothing changed due all those updates... still got the issue only with Spotify. Amazon Music and Deezer work well. With Other Phones even Spotify works, so it must be a OnePlus-Spotify issue. PLEASE try to fix this or tell me what's wrong. It's a brand new car and a 1 Year old Expensive phone.. leaving Spotify for another app can't be the only fix....

Hello again.

After I've waited for several Spotify updates and Android Updates that may fix my issue, I'm back again. nothing changed due all those updates... still got the issue only with Spotify. Amazon Music and Deezer work well. With Other Phones even Spotify works, so it must be a OnePlus-Spotify issue. PLEASE try to fix this or tell me what's wrong. It's a brand new car and a 1 Year old Expensive phone.. leaving Spotify for another app can't be the only fix....

Hey @Koerner1996

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

In this case, we'd recommend following all the recommendations you'll find in this support article. 

Let us know if you notice anything new.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts