Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs going silent

Songs going silent

Hello,

I´ve been experienced this issue for a while

while playing through my songs randomly, the next track would be silent. The play bar would continue to scroll, but no sound. The track would play fine if the play bar is moved back to the start or just jumping to the next song.

I have tried all the 6 steps of the basic troubleshooting, i haven´t found any help on the Community.

Does any one knows anything about this? Thanks!!

I use an HTC ONE mini

Android version 4.2.2

Premium account

Spotify version 4.6.0.772

9 Replies

Hi @GAlbino,

just turn on the crossfader function 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That was very easy, many thanks
😉

You're welcome!

Please don't forget to kudo and accept as solution 🙂
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I turned on the crossfader function but it didn't make any difference. What should i do now?

I have exactly the same problem.

When playing a playlist 9 out of 10 times the next song will play silently.

If I then seek in the song it plays with audio as normal.

Android 4.1.2

Spotify app: 4.6.0.772

it looks like I had to turn the crossfade back on again. seems to work for me now. hopefully it stays so 🙂

Same here. Crossfader makes no difference. Juggled all settings, no difference. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still same. Music goes silent... while the app plays on. Pause/unpause makes it sound again.

Same here. Crossfade made no difference. I've been having this problem for a while now, hoping the next update would fix this but nothing happend the last time i updated it..

This started happening two updates ago still not fixed yet crossfade doesnt solve the problem your lucky if u get 2tracks contineously without having to pause and play again and again its obviously the update that caused the problem and i've updated since sort it spotify

Suggested posts