Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Solved!

Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Spotify has been amazing for a month.  I pretty much only use an online playlist on random.  

All of a sudden today, it seems like I can't get through one song without it skipping out of the blue to the next song.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, taken out the battery, and it's still going on.

Spotify keeps sending me the same auto response email telling me to come here.  

what do I do??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I finally ended up asking Spotify support and they told me that all I have
to do is format my SD card for my phone and from then on it started
working. I don't know if it's the drivers used to run the SD card or maybe
just the new update I installed from Samsung but one of those two was
causing the problem and once I formatted my SD card everything started
working just fine.

Just back up your SD card's files on your computer and then from your
phone, there should be an option to format it. For some strange reason, it
worked for me. See if it works for you. If not, get in touch with Spotofy
support. They mentioned that there were other solutions but since that one
worked for me, I didn't need to ask for more.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm having the same issue. It's not a network issue since I'm having this happen in offline mode. 

Some of th ethings I did include:

1- Un-synch my playlist and re-download to my device. 

2- Remove individual track from playlist and re-add

3- Move track position in downloaded playlist

4- Scroll manually through track to force app to play at later point after skip area.

5- Delete all filles and app data from App Settings and then re-downloaded playlists

Options 1 through 4 did nothing to resolve issue in my case.

Option 5 fixed this for me. Most likely this was caused by a caching issue, where the track likely cached itself to your device while network connection was iffy. 

Hope this solution works for the rest of you. 

Marked as solution

I have Huawei Honor 8 Lite / Android and just recently sptoify has started skipping songs and pausing and replaying erradically. Everytime I put the phone in my pocket the skippidi skipiddidip **bleep** starts and when I get it out the screen is lit and the app is visible.

Edit: Well **bleep**, it was my headphones that were causing havoc. They died completely and I got new ones and there are no more problems. I would think it had something to do with the mic and some sort of a voice rec program going haywire together...meh!

63 Replies

I really hope someone can fix this quick because it looks like we're not the only ones with this problem. I have the same problem. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 though. I wonder if it's something to do with the Galaxy series because I don't get this problem when I use it on my computer.

Im also having that same problem my music keeps skipping and stops playing fix this now cause this is ridiculous seriously im paying ten bucks a damm month to listen to all my music and with this last update its not even possible

I, too, am having this problem as of two updates ago. It' been like this for about two weeks now. Music stops, songs skip like I'm using an old CD player and went over a bump - just abruptly stopping/changing to the next song. I've also noticed VERY clear and sudden changes in song quality while streaming, it's a bit jarring.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area, and I'm using T-Mobile.

I have tried the following:

Restart phone 

Clear data

Uninstall and reinstall

Lower streaming quality

I've noticed this seems to only happen on streamed songs.. downloaded ones are OK. Everything was fine until the update that changed the 'Your Music' section 😞

Edit: Wifi works fine.. It seems to either be a) streaming over T-Mobile or b) how Spotify handles streaming/slow connections/whatever has changed in a recent update. Can past and future repliers include their mobile carrier to see if there's a trend?

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you.

Phone: Galaxy S4
Carrier : Tmobile (4G LTE)
City: Phoenix

I just installed the app on my phone, payed for premium access and can barely get through 1 song when it skips and then advances to the next song.

Very annoying.

Bump.. still having this problem. Two reports of the Phoenix area now.

Seriously, Spotify people - is anything going to be done about this??? 

Why should we all be paying $10/month if we can't even listen to an entire song??

I'm also getting this issue on my iPhone 5s. I'm also in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area on T-Mobile. Maybe it's a T-Mobile data issue? Seems like the other two Phoenix users here have the same problem on Android phones. I don't have this problem when using wifi.

It really is annoying though, I was just driving and the songs just kept skipping and pausing, just like a bad CD player. The constant quality shifting is really annoying too. 

My girlfriend and I are also having this problem on our LGMS769's using T-obile in the Los Angeles area. It's infuriating that an app we're paying for is more or less useless.

Adding another voice to the mix, looks like I'm experiencing the same problem..

Samsung Galaxy S3

T-Mobile 4G LTE

I've noticed this happening - songs randomly skipping 2-4 songs in a row.. or if I actually try and skip a song it just resets to the start of the same song. I mostly listen to Spotify on my phone (bluetooth car stereo) when I'm driving to work. This problem is so annoying!

This is also happening on my tablet on wifi.

One work around I have found is to move the seek slider back a few seconds. The song will pick back up and continue along until it freezes again a few songs later.

During the course of an 8 hour session this will happen about half a dozen times.

Same issue here, but I don't think it has anything to do with network since at least this seems to happen for me while I'm in offline mode.

Using a OPO Android 4.4.4

I have been having this issue a lot lately. I hope it gets fixed soon because it is really annoying.

When is this is going to be fixed? It is really bad today. It is stopping early on every song.
Marked as solution

I finally ended up asking Spotify support and they told me that all I have
to do is format my SD card for my phone and from then on it started
working. I don't know if it's the drivers used to run the SD card or maybe
just the new update I installed from Samsung but one of those two was
causing the problem and once I formatted my SD card everything started
working just fine.

Just back up your SD card's files on your computer and then from your
phone, there should be an option to format it. For some strange reason, it
worked for me. See if it works for you. If not, get in touch with Spotofy
support. They mentioned that there were other solutions but since that one
worked for me, I didn't need to ask for more.

Hi, is there any other way than formatting the SD card? Quite frustrating as affects all the other files, not just Spotify. 

Tempe AZ here....Yes., I am having the same issue over and on for over 2 month. I am so irritated with this and  cannot seem to find a solution other than cancelling my Premium subscription. I have an Android Galazy S4 , never had these  issues until the last 3 months!

Tempe,AZ and work in Phoenix. Same issue. Galaxy S5Streaming will randomly skip to the next song. Playing downloaded music will skip on a specific song, every time they play. They'll play fine for a few days then start skipping. Sometimes music will randomly pause, and will turn OFF shuffle and repeat. I love spotify but these past few months have been an exercise in frustration. I've tried reinstalling and factory reset phone. I'm going to try factory reset again and reformat sd card.

All these issues that appear to be coming from the same area makes me think Tmobile or maybe spotify have an issue somewhere that sends data to us.

Yeah, so I gave up on Spotify Premium. I had been using a 3 month trial and I didn't continue it for this reason. Hopefully Spotify will investigate and fix this issue for y'all. 
As for me, I'm back to listening to my own music library streaming through Google Play. Works perfectly. 

Same issue. Also in Phoenix AZ. Nexus 6. Please help! 

Suggested posts