Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

This is also happening on my tablet on wifi.

One work around I have found is to move the seek slider back a few seconds. The song will pick back up and continue along until it freezes again a few songs later.

During the course of an 8 hour session this will happen about half a dozen times.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same issue here, but I don't think it has anything to do with network since at least this seems to happen for me while I'm in offline mode.

Using a OPO Android 4.4.4
Highlighted

Music Fan
I have been having this issue a lot lately. I hope it gets fixed soon because it is really annoying.
Highlighted

Music Fan
When is this is going to be fixed? It is really bad today. It is stopping early on every song.
Solution!

Casual Listener
I finally ended up asking Spotify support and they told me that all I have
to do is format my SD card for my phone and from then on it started
working. I don't know if it's the drivers used to run the SD card or maybe
just the new update I installed from Samsung but one of those two was
causing the problem and once I formatted my SD card everything started
working just fine.

Just back up your SD card's files on your computer and then from your
phone, there should be an option to format it. For some strange reason, it
worked for me. See if it works for you. If not, get in touch with Spotofy
support. They mentioned that there were other solutions but since that one
worked for me, I didn't need to ask for more.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi, is there any other way than formatting the SD card? Quite frustrating as affects all the other files, not just Spotify. 

Highlighted

Regular

Tempe AZ here....Yes., I am having the same issue over and on for over 2 month. I am so irritated with this and  cannot seem to find a solution other than cancelling my Premium subscription. I have an Android Galazy S4 , never had these  issues until the last 3 months!

Highlighted

Tempe,AZ and work in Phoenix. Same issue. Galaxy S5Streaming will randomly skip to the next song. Playing downloaded music will skip on a specific song, every time they play. They'll play fine for a few days then start skipping. Sometimes music will randomly pause, and will turn OFF shuffle and repeat. I love spotify but these past few months have been an exercise in frustration. I've tried reinstalling and factory reset phone. I'm going to try factory reset again and reformat sd card.

All these issues that appear to be coming from the same area makes me think Tmobile or maybe spotify have an issue somewhere that sends data to us.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yeah, so I gave up on Spotify Premium. I had been using a 3 month trial and I didn't continue it for this reason. Hopefully Spotify will investigate and fix this issue for y'all. 
As for me, I'm back to listening to my own music library streaming through Google Play. Works perfectly. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Same issue. Also in Phoenix AZ. Nexus 6. Please help! 

SUGGESTED POSTS