Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Guest4557
Casual Listener
I don't pay $12 a month to listen to half of a **bleep**inh song!
Highlighted

Likkebaard
Same here. Premium account on s6 edge. Song stops and I have to start over. Happens on offline folder for certain. About once every 20 min maybe.
Highlighted

diadara
Music Fan
This is killing me! Spotify acts like it's on drugs skipping songs every second. This happened about a week after I upgraded to Win10 so it couldn't have been because of that. Totally random freaky behavior. Please look into this Spotify! I'm using Deezer instead now to ease my addiction to music, but I'm too poor to pay for both services. Got two premium accounts with you already...

What I've done so far:
Uninstalled some old drivers, installed newest versions
Used Windows 10 own drivers
Uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify with Revo
Rebooted laptop 100 times
Unchecked Hardware acceleration
No local files
No downloaded files
Banged my head against a concrete wall
Still not working

Highlighted

angiemtaylor
I'm having the same skipping problems w/ my Galaxy Light. I'm kindof scared to try the things you all have. I don't have aPC at home, nor am I that tech savvy! Any suggestions? Please help in CLEARLAKE, CA!
Highlighted

dbzgabe

I've been experiecning the same issue and I am also in Phoenix, AZ. I don't have an SD card so does this mean that I'll have to reset my whole device? Just sent in a question to Spotify but I'm hoping that I don't have to format my device since it's brand new and I hate having to set it up again. 

Highlighted

Fresnoahhh

I`m having this problem on my laptop any suggestions? whenever i  try and play a song it just continues scrolling through my playlist without end

Highlighted

MatthewKernes
Casual Listener

Both my girlfriend and I are both having this issue. She has a Galaxy S6 Edge and I have a HTC Once M7... 2 completely different generations of phones and the problem persists on both devices. The only similarity is that both phones are on KitKat. Neither are rooted. Both totally stock.

This is driving us both nuts.

Highlighted

salimdanishwar

Having a simliar issue... when locking my phone when the song is playing it skips to another song. Very annoying ideed.

Highlighted

zevee
Casual Listener
Someone from Spotify sent me an email telling me that if you just format
your SD card, it fixes the problem. Every once in a while the problem will
reoccur but every time I format my SD card, the problem goes away. Maybe
this will work for you.
Highlighted

MatthewKernes
Casual Listener
That's an extremely inconvenient fix. I store more than spotify data on my internal storage. Formatting it would take far more effort than it's worth.

Also, I feel that solution is a using a canon to swat a fly. It's similar to the old "windows has an error, format and reinstall everything" method of handling a small problem.

My guess is that if there is actually an issue with the data being corrupt (which isn't likely) then spotify isn't properly checking the checksum on the audio files after either after they download or before they play. My expertise tells me that it's more likely that the application is getting API calls from the Android OS and is not properly handling them.

I base this on my experience in software development.
SUGGESTED POSTS