Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Solved!

Songs keep randomly stopping and skipping to the next song

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Spotify has been amazing for a month.  I pretty much only use an online playlist on random.  

All of a sudden today, it seems like I can't get through one song without it skipping out of the blue to the next song.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, taken out the battery, and it's still going on.

Spotify keeps sending me the same auto response email telling me to come here.  

what do I do??

63 Replies

Same thing was happening to my phone this morning. Jee it was really annoying and so I came here to find something that can fix this issue. But at the same time my spotify tracks were playing on my PC and it works perfectly fine. Mins later, I paused the song on my PC and then turned on the spotify on my phone. Then idk what happened it just came back to normal. Oh by the way, I don't have Premium so idk if it has to do something with that. Well I hope it helped. 🙂 

Hey @urbae4now

Glad to hear it's working now. Spotify just pushed out a fix for it. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I live in NYC and am also experiencing the same problem. I have a Samsung S6 and when I open Spotify, songs automatically skip. At times it automatically pauses and, frankly, it is frustrating. There is no accessing any SD card and I've tried reinstalling.

I am getting this problem too, only with me it doesn't skip in the middle of the song, it skips before it starts playing! Im starting to get really pissed off. I've asked my brother about this, but he says that he doesn't have this problem, so now he's letting me use his account.

PLZZZZZZ fix this stupid Bull**bleep** spotify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you get this info for the fix?

@happybunnysaysh wrote:
Where do you get this info for the fix?

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

There's still an issue. Multiple installs Kama cleaned up phone, hard boot, on second phone now same issue. This issue has not been resolved.

I too am having the same problem.

iPhone 6S

Verizon LTE

Bossier City, Louisiana.

same issue, With my Galaxy S6 as well my latest Samsung Galaxy tab. Wondering if its Android thing. 

Any solution other than formatting SD card, and what about on tab? no SIM there dah! 

I keep having the same problem cept that:

Phone:LG X Power
Problem: music pauses over and over.
Tried: uninstalling apps, other music apps, restarting my phone(not all the way where you lose everything)

I am so tired of the music stopping over and over plz help. Plz

Same problem encountered on my galexy 7, for streaming via bluetooth to my truck audio (via uconnect).

I turned off the bluetooth setting to auto detect nearby devices, and the issue went away!

Give it a try, hope this helps everyone.

Like many others, I have experienced the skipping issue, but only on my iPhone 7 - not my desktop - and only when it is in my pocket and moving - like at the gym.  Since people with different phones and different OS, different providers (AT&T for me) and living in different parts of the country, I wonder if it has anything to do with movement.

Someone posted a Spotify guide for installing/uninstalling on an Android device.  Anyone know where to find the same for IOS???

This is happening to me on ALL devices.

Samsung S6 (work phone)

Samsung Note 4 (personal phone)

Windows 10 (personal desktop)

Windows 10 (work tablet)

I have cleared all data from ALL of them, completely uninstalled, then reinstalled one at a time and issue persists.

I changed password and logged out of ALL devices.

Songs make it to about 15 - 40 seconds usually, then jump to next song. 

Playlist doesn't seem to matter. Any song will skip.

Did this.

Yeah, didn't work. If anything, the problem got worse

I have been experiencing this exact same issue for THREE MONTHS on my LG VS985 4G LTE phone. Spotify Support says to reinstall the app, but I have tried that 10 times. Spotify, please fix this issue soon!

I was trying out premium this month and this started happening today, first on windows 10 client then when I switched to my phone it started happneing on there. This is a huge distraction and I don't feel like putting in hours trying to fix it. I'm unsubbing from premium and trying something else.

Marked as solution

I have Huawei Honor 8 Lite / Android and just recently sptoify has started skipping songs and pausing and replaying erradically. Everytime I put the phone in my pocket the skippidi skipiddidip **bleep** starts and when I get it out the screen is lit and the app is visible.

Edit: Well **bleep**, it was my headphones that were causing havoc. They died completely and I got new ones and there are no more problems. I would think it had something to do with the mic and some sort of a voice rec program going haywire together...meh!

I’m really annoyed about this issue to, I have an iPhone 6 and the songs are constantly skipping or pausing on there own. It’s nothing to do with earphones as I have tried playing with no earphones in. Please can anyone help me. 

Player stop randomly every 15 min using bluetooth . Started 2 days ago, it's getting very frustrating when i am driving or working , i tried everything and nothing work . Samsung a5 

Suggested posts