Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not playing

Solved!

Songs not playing

After disappointment playing local files on my desktop, I tried the Android app. Got Premium, started the app, hit play - and nothing.

Playlists are shown, Spotify brings up the media window with song title etc. but no music. Relogged, still no music. Reinstalled, no music. Headphones, speakers, switched device off and on, triple checked that sound actually works (it does) and the volume was up (it was). I'm on Wifi, Spotify can download songs, and appears to be streaming. It just isn't playing.

That's two out of three features not working (local desktop files and mobile streaming). Tell me why I should keep using this?

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Android 4.2.2

Spotify 0.5.13.63

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try fully rebooting your device? (Taking the battery out if possible)

If not try the steps in this post to reboot your device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Just trying to understand..........

Your subcription page shows active Premium sub?

The play bar moves when you play a track even though you hear no sound or the play bar doesn'y move either?

Yep, active Premium subscription. The play bar moves, but no sound at all. Sound effects in the menus work (button clicks etc), though.

If you get the same whether streaming or playing local files then I can only suggest deleting the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling. Maybe someone has a better idea.

Reinstalled, this time explicitly deleting the cache and saved data. Still no luck. I can download songs, Playbar progresses, but I get no sound at all. (Again, sound in menu and everywhere else works fine)

Sorry you're still having trouble. Hopefully one of the more knowledgable guys will pick this up shortly.

Marked as solution

Can you try fully rebooting your device? (Taking the battery out if possible)

If not try the steps in this post to reboot your device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

A full reboot worked. A bit strange, but works. 🙂

Suggested posts