Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound Quality

Solved!

Sound Quality

So I love Spotify but my device is lacking in sound quality. My iPod still surpasses my phone with Spotify premium. The bass doesn't feel the same through my sound system etc. It's not the settings on the sound system. They have never changed and don't change when swapping devices. Also no equalizer is available on the Android version but iOS gets it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If ot does not appear under Quality settings and is called "Equalizer" your phone's manufacturer has not implemented one. In case you can install a third party exqualizer. I will send you a link, if neccesary.

If it worked before, you may be affected by this bug: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Audio-Effects-not-available-on-select-devices/td-p/2420... Post your system details under the post, so they can fix it faster.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

In Spotify settings you can enable an Equalizer, If you would like to.

Have you chosen the highest qzakity in application settinfs?

Please note: highest quality is only available for Premium users.

I have the settings set for extreme quality. There is no equalizer option
in my settings.

Do you the latest Spotify app? Search for updates in Google Play Store, please.

Please tell me your Andorid version. Do you know where to find it?

I'm always on the latest version for apps. My android version is 6.0.1
Marked as solution

If ot does not appear under Quality settings and is called "Equalizer" your phone's manufacturer has not implemented one. In case you can install a third party exqualizer. I will send you a link, if neccesary.

If it worked before, you may be affected by this bug: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Audio-Effects-not-available-on-select-devices/td-p/2420... Post your system details under the post, so they can fix it faster.

A link to a third party app would be great. I have a LG X power k210

I never tested one, but I read this one is a good recommendation.

Okay thank you

Please tell me, if it works.

There is no equalizer for android native in the spotify app. So don't search for it, you won't find it yet. There are a bunch of ideas open that ask for eq but, for now, they will not release any equalizer. 

The bad quality could be a phone problem. I mean, the quality of premium is 420kbps or 480, I don't quite remember right now. This fact, also, can be releated to a low quality headphones, bad quality cave that you use to connect the phone to the speakers, eccetera. 

For example, my K6000 plus works perfect exept in some cars that the sound is just distorted when come out the car speakers. Obv I have tried everything, even change phone. The problem is still here. 

So can you please do for me some test?

Try to change cue.

Try to change cable that you use to connect the phone to your speakers.

If you got this problem when you're offline / listening to cache songs, please try in online mode.

Try to use the pc as a source and do again the first and second test.

Let me know if something change

I will let you know ASAP

If you are listening offline, maybe the sound quality of offline data is bad. What's the chosen quality for download using WiFi and cellular network in settings if Spotify app?

The app wants you to upgrade to adjust settings etc. I'll deal with my phone **bleep** quality till I get a new one

Could you please try if quality is better using YouTube?

Then we may know: Is it a problem of the phones quality or an app problem?

If last, try other qualizer apps from Play Store. Sorry, but I don't know a good one. I only read the one I told you is good.

I believe it's the phone itself in this case. I've looked into it further
and my device does not give root access to users or apps for items like the
equalizer.

If you are sure the problem is your phones speaker quality you can mark this thread as solved.

Suggested posts