Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound distorted onboard speaker Mi 9

Solved!

Sound distorted onboard speaker Mi 9

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9

Operating System

Android 9 Miui 10.2 global

My Question or Issue

Recently playback of songs on Spotify only, produces terrible sound: distortions, crunches as if the internal speaker is broken. But there are no issues when playing music through other apps like Poweramp of VLC. After restarting android, the problem is solved for a few minutes. Then it reappears.  I already removed and reinstalled Spotify app. No difference. Could anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, at the start sorry for my english, i had the same problem with mi9, my solution was disable equalizer in Spotify, maybe you as well was trying to change some settings like i was. Hope its gonna help. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, at the start sorry for my english, i had the same problem with mi9, my solution was disable equalizer in Spotify, maybe you as well was trying to change some settings like i was. Hope its gonna help. 

Hi Darszax,

Thanks a lot for your reaction. No worries about your English, I got the message. 🙂

You just solved my problem!!

It was the equalizer like you suggested. 

I'm very happy. 

Best regards!

By the way: what is your opinion of the Mi 9?

Are you happy with it?

Perfect solution!! 

I posted the same problem somewhere on Spotify this morning (got lost in Support...Community...).

I have the Mi9 also and glad to say Darszax that your solution has fixed the problem.

Hopefully Spotify Devs are aware of the issue and can apply a proper fix soon.

Thanks

I have the same problem. 

Switching off the equalizer every time when I use the onboard speaker, is not a great solution. (For headphones the equalizer works fine and I use it all the time.)

I hope Spotify can fix this soon.

Suggested posts