Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm premium and I still get ads 🛑

There's a promotion currently running by Spotify to get a Google home miniAnd that's being shoved in your face as an in-app popup when you open the mobile app even when you're premium, and there is no option to disable that. Spotify this is not okay,...

• Regular
  • There's a promotion currently running by Spotify to get a Google home mini And that's being shoved in your face as an in-app popup when you open the mobile app even when you're premium, and there is...
  • larissakitty
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlists Created by Adding Albums not being completely shuffled.

Hello, Just recently I have created a playlist by adding albums hoping that I could shuffle all of their tracks together, it shuffled, but only plays album by album. Is this is an issue or is it the way that shuffle was set to be?

• Hello,   Just recently I have created a playlist by adding albums hoping that I could shuffle all of their tracks together, it shuffled, but only plays album by album. Is this is an issue or i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Picture won't show

PlanPremiumCountry IndonesiaDeviceXiaomi Mi 5Operating System Android 8.0My Question or IssuePicture for Album, Song, Daily Mix, Artist, and others won't show. I've try clean cache and reinstall it but still doesn't work and my connection is normal

• Plan Premium Country  Indonesia Device Xiaomi Mi 5 Operating System  Android 8.0 My Question or Issue Picture for Album, Song, Daily Mix, Artist, and others won't show. I've try cl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Crashing [ANDROID]

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSince the new update of spotify I have a issue while listening to podcasts. I listen to the 'No sleep podcast' and when I start an episode the a...

• Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Since the new update of spotify I have a issue while liste...
  • kkbzv4nzs57kv0f
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • andriod
    crashing app
    podcast
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify Android Save/Remove Buttons not working

On my Spotify App as of recently I have been unable to save/remove songs without constantly restarting my phone. I go to any song, hit the plus or save button and it doesn't work. I also cannot remove songs from my library. Also on desktop(windows 10...

• On my Spotify App as of recently I have been unable to save/remove songs without constantly restarting my phone. I go to any song, hit the plus or save button and it doesn't work. I also cannot remov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! unable to see new releases and charts and genres

I'm on the free version and have an android tablet. I deleted all data on the app, and the search feature is now devoid of all information buttons (new release, genres, etc.) except a search bar and a voice input. I deleted the entire app and reinsta...

• Regular
  • I'm on the free version and have an android tablet.  I deleted all data on the  app, and the search feature is now devoid of all information buttons (new release, genres, etc.) except a ...
  • grr4
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify search: 'an error occurred, it didn't work please try again'

HiPlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceGoogle Nexus 5Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1My Question or IssueEvery time I'm playing a song and search for a new one the search function does not work and it gives a blank screen with an error message (please see atta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Plan Premium Country Italy  Device Google Nexus 5 Operating System Android 6.0.1 My Question or Issue Every time I'm playing a song and search for a new one the search fun...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify has stopped notification

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hello, When i pause the music on spotify on my samsung galaxy s9 and wait a short moment i receive a " Spotify has stopped " notification and then i can't...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   Hello,  When i pause the music on spotify on my samsung gala...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] My storage have a new "others" carpet

My storage settings now have this new storage section that it takes even more memory than the cache itself, it looks like this, do someone knows how to delete this?It says:Others: 456 MB!!Download: 510Cache:Feee: 2.0

IMG_20181119_114134.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • My storage settings now have this new storage section that it takes even more memory than the cache itself, it looks like this, do someone knows how to delete this? It says: Others: 456 MB!! Downl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung watch + samsung s7 = trouble

Hello, I have premium account and I've installed spotify on both my devices (samsung s7 with android 8.0) and samsung watch (v. SM-R810 with tizen os).I have and annoying issue: after I used spotify on my watch (and closed it), if I receive a call on...

• Hello, I have premium account and I've installed spotify on both my devices (samsung s7 with android 8.0) and samsung watch (v.  SM-R810 with tizen os). I have and annoying issue: after I use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify client and Spotify connect - connection lost

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: Germany Device: Xiomi MIA1, BQ Aquaris X Pro Operating System: Android 8.1 Spotify version: 8.4.79.630 My setup is like that:Few Android devices connecting to Onkyo TX-8270 receiver and Teufel Raumfeld One S both via Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: Germany   Device: Xiomi MIA1, BQ Aquaris X Pro   Operating System: Android 8.1   Spotify version: 8.4.79.630     My setup is like that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly playlist bug report (Minor, Ques wrong songs)

Lately (for a few weeks now) when I have hit shuffle on Discover Weekly, the app plays the first song and then ques the whole Greta Van Fleet (Anthem of the Peaceful Army) album. Now I love Greta Van Fleet, but it is kind of annoying.. I have only ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately (for a few weeks now) when I have hit shuffle on Discover Weekly, the app plays the first song and then ques the whole Greta Van Fleet (Anthem of the Peaceful Army) album.    Now I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download Problem

Hello from Turkey, I have Sony XZ1 and premium user. When i try download some music, spotify said like this "Not enough storage space, download stopped!". I have a 20gb+ storage space in device storage not sd kart! Please help me, i can't download an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello from Turkey, I have Sony XZ1 and premium user. When i try download some music, spotify said like this "Not enough storage space, download stopped!". I have a 20gb+ storage space in device stora...
  • mrhun
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear update bug

PlanPremiumCountry New Zealand DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+ and the ticwatch proOperating SystemTicwatch Pro: Android Wear 2.1 Samsung Galaxy S8+: OreOSpotify version: 8.4.79.630My Question or Issue: After the most recent update I connected my watch to m...

• P lan Premium Country  New Zealand  Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ and the ticwatch pro Operating System Ticwatch Pro: Android Wear 2.1  Samsung Galaxy S8+: OreO Spotify version: 8...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Lyrics on Samsung Tablet

Plan - premiumCountry - USA DeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet My Question or IssueI can't get lyrics to display on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet. I can on my phone (Samsung S7). So I know the song has lyrics available. I've cleared cache. I've...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - premium Country - USA   Device Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet      My Question or Issue I can't get lyrics to display on my  Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"&...
  • d_atd01
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BBC podcasts on Kindle fire

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceKindle Fire My Question or Issue I download podcasts on my Kindle Fire (so I can listen at work when offline) however I cannot play any of the BBC podcasts. I can download and play podcasts from other sources, and play the ...

•     Plan Premium Country  UK Device Kindle Fire   My Question or Issue   I download podcasts on my Kindle Fire (so I can listen at work when offline) however I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has stopped notification

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hello, When i pause the music on spotify on my samsung galaxy s9 and wait a short moment i receive a " Spotify has stopped " notification and then i can't...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   Hello,  When i pause the music on spotify on my samsung gala...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has taken over my phone. Make it stop.

I have an android phone. I listen to a lot of podcasts. Most of the time, in fact, I am listening to podcasts. If I pause a podcast with a bluetooth device and then press PLAY.... SPOTIFY COMES ON INSTEAD. Why is this? I do not want spotify to be my ...

• I have an android phone.  I listen to a lot of podcasts. Most of the time, in fact, I am listening to podcasts.  If I pause a podcast with a bluetooth device and then press PLAY.... SPOTIFY...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connet battery drain issue

PlanFree/PremiumCountry FinlandDeviceSony Xperia XZ1 Compact Operating SystemAndroid oreo 8.0 My Question or Issue I have Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and Denon AVR-X-2100W. The problem is that when using spotify connect the battery drain is very high in ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Finland Device Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact  Operating System Android oreo 8.0   My Question or Issue  I have Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and Denon AVR...
  • Vsa_boy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes