Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spoon Song Misspelled

Solved!

Spoon Song Misspelled

This isn't a big issue but something I thought I should point out.  The song "Don't Make Me a Target" by Spoon is misspelled as "Don't Make A Target".  This seems to only be an issue on the Android device as you can see from the two attached screenshots.  

890850b843cf4fd979a76ac654e97203 (1).png
Screenshot_2014-06-23-02-48-59.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ha, this is interesting!

So there are two albums in the database:

spotify:album:5Rk1U2SpR43txoF3pKJhlE which is apparently not available in any country and lists track 1 as "Don't make a target" and 

spotify:album:5BgOQ4Eqjx7s9gkJFbnJXm which is available in a bunch of countries and shows the correct track title.

I imagine the publishers realised there was incorrect metadata but forgot to pull the original album and spotify is linking to it. I would guess that creating a playlist from the correct release would fix this and, hopefully, the publishers will fully remove the incorrect album in time.

If you use this form. to report the error, spotify will pass it on to the publishers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I just saved the Ga Ga album on my desktop then opened it on android and I get the full title so I'm a bit baffled. You don't have the track as a local file maybe?

I'm just as confused as you.  I removed the album from my music and then readded it, yet the first song on the album still shows as "Don't Make A Target".  I don't own any Spoon music on iTunes so I don't think that would be the problem.  According to last.fm, a couple other people are having the same problem.

Marked as solution

Ha, this is interesting!

So there are two albums in the database:

spotify:album:5Rk1U2SpR43txoF3pKJhlE which is apparently not available in any country and lists track 1 as "Don't make a target" and 

spotify:album:5BgOQ4Eqjx7s9gkJFbnJXm which is available in a bunch of countries and shows the correct track title.

I imagine the publishers realised there was incorrect metadata but forgot to pull the original album and spotify is linking to it. I would guess that creating a playlist from the correct release would fix this and, hopefully, the publishers will fully remove the incorrect album in time.

If you use this form. to report the error, spotify will pass it on to the publishers.

Suggested posts