Premium

Country

Netherlands / Switzerland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G / SM-G991B/DS

Operating System

Android 12 / One UI 4.0

My Question or Issue

In short: Spotify app isn't usable on this device. Since approx. 1 week I'm not able to search or play songs. App opens and don't crash but searchs / loads forever.

Bug is documented here: https://youtu.be/87O5uQqkTUI

What I tried to fix that issue:

• Logged out / Logged in -> no success
  • Updated Spotify app to 8.6.88.1104 -> no success
  • Deinstalled / Reinstalled -> no success
  • Rebooted Device -> no success
  • Cleared cache -> no success
  • Tried on another device (an old Samsung Tablet) -> worked 😉

37 Replies

Checking if it got fixed for someone? I'm also facing this issue on my Samsung S20 FE since past few months. 

@andresM -- steps you suggested above is also not fixing anything. 

@pitw/ @dun1982/ @abhere -- agree with you what you mentioned, I'm also a premium member and looks like @spotify doesn't care at all. 

@spotify team -- please address this, still facing this issue. 

Hi there @sk2903,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this so let's take a closer look together.

To begin with, can you let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried that's been suggested in this thread so that we don't repeat anything that you've already done?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@jeremy -- I have tried everything mentioned on this thread -- from very first recommendation you have given regarding clean reinstall(link below) to very recent suggestion given by @AndresM which was to disable any device optimization halting spotify app.  

Like other users, I also believe that this issue is due to Andorid 12 update and have seen multiple user complaints regarding this. 

Please take this forward. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/4746485

@Jeremy Please update.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This issue can also occur if you have large albums save in your library. Do you mind trying to remove all the liked albums via the desktop app? Perform a clean reinstall afterwards.

Did it work?

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have  8 albums in my library -- Does it qualifies for "large albums saved in library" . 

And also consider that most user facing this issue are from Samsumg S series, with Android 12. 

I have tried the app on other android devices and its working fine there for my account. 

Hey @sk2903,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mind removing the albums from the library and cleanly reinstalling the app afterwards? By large albums I meant albums, that contain lots of titles and not exactly a large collection of albums, please excuse any misunderstandings because of the wording.

Different Android phones have different Android ROMs and the difference in the behavior is to be expected.

But back to the matter - let us know how the removing of the albums went and if the issue is persistent with a brand new account on your current phone.

Also don't forget to turn off Samsung's Device Care for Spotify.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Marked as solution

As starter of this topic my honest opinion:

Either spotify isn't able to solve this problem or they are simple not willing to solve the problem.

In both cases I'm done with Spotify. More then 6 months paying for nothing. No progress, just always the same "copy-pasted" answers.

I'll move to Google Music or another service - you've lost a loyal customer.

Same issue with my s21 ultra 

Hey @Vianneybdx,

Thank you for joining the conversation and welcome.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you let us know the troubleshooting you've done so far? This will avoid repeating processes you may have done already. In case you haven't done it yet; we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to keep investigating your case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi oscar. I appreciate you are trying to help.

I am having the same issue on my samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g (SM-998U1 us version with android 12 last build from august the 18th) and spotify 8.7.58.455. I am based in france.

It works using wifi connection.

When, I am using 4g I get the "internet connection not available message".

I tried :

-complete reinstall process

-disabling Lockheed screen workaround

-disabling private Dns

-I check the apps autorisation

-I check the battery optimisation parameter

None has worked so far.

Spotify Web apps on a Firefox private tab is working using 4g mobile data.

I am a premium user and this is really anoying

What can I do?

Hey @Vianneybdx,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We really appreciate the details you kindly sent us. Rest assured this is being investigated by our tech folks. We'll let you know as soon as we have some news about this, but we cannot commit to a specific timeframe.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Hi there all,

Checking if it got fixed for someone? I'm also facing this issue on my Samsung S21 FE 5G (running on Android 12 and One UI 4.1) since I first brought this phone.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this this thread (right from clearing cache/app-data, re-installing the app, factory resetting the phone to rebooting my router, setting up a static IP address and DNS). None of them seem to work for me. Tried contacting the spotify team too but seems like even they do not have a fix for it. I just hope this issue is being prioritized. 

Hi there @PPG15,

Thanks for the post and the info you've provided.

We've passed this on to the team working on this issue.

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more info.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts and patience. 

This issue seems to be solved with the most recent version of the app. Can you please let us know if you're still experiencing this behaviour.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hey Alex,

The update did not fix it for me. Meanwhile, someone suggested the following, which worked for my S22+. Worth a try.

Force Stop Spotify

Go to Settings -> Connections -> More connection settings -> Private DNS

Select Private DNS provider hostname

Then Type : DNS.google

Click Save

Reopen Spotify

Hey @Alex,

The update has not fixed the issue for me. But the solution that @Cristodynamics suggested works just perfectly. I am however concerned if the changed DNS would have any other repercussions. It would be better if Spotify can bring out a proper patch for this.

Suggested posts