Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Automatically organizing playlists..

Spotify Automatically organizing playlists..

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Seems like one of the new "features" of spotify is automatically reorganizing the order of your playlists based on frequency you use the playlist. I despise this feature to say the least. Is there a way to turn it off? I looked online and found nothing. I really hope spotify changes this. They've always had some glitching/non-existant/poorly designed layout/interface (poor ways to reorganize playlists and songs in playlists (when you have playlists that are 80ish songs like me the click and drag method is beyound alwful, the fact that they are over a decade in developement and havn't desinged a better method is beyound ridiculous, too bad tidal, amazon music, and google is even worse). Unrelated but whats with some songs being removed from spotify that use to be on there (the song moneeey on problems album (all the songs are available on that album but that song).

3 Replies

Hey @harshina7.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

You can sort your playlists in a number of ways on mobile 🙂

When you go to Playlists, you can drag the screen down and the Filters option will appear. You can select to sort your playlists by Relevance (which is what you seem to have it set to currently), Recently played, Recently added, Name and Custom order (which is determined by the order in which you have them on the desktop app).

Give it a go and let us know if you still need help with anything - we'll be right here 🙂

I agree with the original poster, and the answer does not address the question/issue. Sure we can filter playlists, but we do not want Spotify to automatically rearrange playlists within our library. Is there a way to turn this off so that when I rearrange playlists in my library, the order will not change unless I personally change it? Thank you.

Hi @jcmays,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

There are multiple sorting settings you can use to organize your playlists as you like. In this article you can find all the steps to use the sorting options available depending on your device. 

Let us know if you have any questions. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts