Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Code

Spotify Code

My Question or Issue

When I scan a code for a music on my boyfriend's cellphone it redirects to the playlist and not to the song itself. The code for the playlist and for the music are different, my account is free so it redirects to the song but I can't play it and his is premium but redirects to the playlist and we have to search for the song. Is there any way to fix it so the song plays when we scan the code?

5 Replies

I have the same issue. I can scan the code on my phone (iPhone XS Max) and my boyfriend’s (iPhone XR) (both have a free account), and the song plays no problem. But when scanned by another person it isn’t working, it will only pull up the song title and when “play” is tapped it plays an ad instead of the song. Have you come up with any answers? 

Hey there @dinhaapbs and @Jennikel,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

@dinhaapbs if the code redirects wrongfully to a playlist, instead of a track and the other way around, you and your boyfriend should perform a clean reinstall of the app. You can do this using the steps here. It's possible that some of the apps files might have gotten corrupted and are causing this behavior. If the issue persist, could you generate a code using this website and let us know if it plays correctly? 

@Jennikel note that if another free account scans the code, it's possible that ads get played. When the song title gets displayed as you mention however, in the upper right corner there should still be the option to like a song and the three dot menu with further actions. If those are missing, the user can also give the steps for a clean reinstall a go and let us know if that fixes thing. If that's not the case, it would be really helpful if we could see a screenshot of what gets displayed. Just make sure to hide any private or sensitive information

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The code I received as a gift still doesn't work, even after a clean install. Has anyone been able fix this issue? 

Hi @C4libur,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Could you give us more information about the code you received and the issue you're having to open it? 

Are you getting an error message or something else? A screenshot of the code would come in handy to check it from our end.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please help

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy A23

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

I have android my boyfriend brought me scan code song But when I scan the patch, the album comes up. But nothing plays he has a iphone and it works for him

Suggested posts