Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect from android device

Solved!

Spotify Connect from android device

My phone is running Android 8. I have the latest Spotify app installed.

I use Spotify on my desktop (wired, Win10) and laptop (wifi, Linux with KDE plasma 5.x).

In my home network I have a Teac NT-503 connected wired, and a Marantz 6012 on Wifi.

From the desktop and Laptop, I have the option to stream/cast to both the Marantz and the Teac.

From my phone, I only see the desktop and the laptop.

When I stream/cast from the laptop to the Teac, the phone immediately sees 'playing to NT-503'. I can tap it, it opens devices, and NT-503 is listed but the Marantz isn't.

When I play to the Marantz from the laptop, the phone suddenly sees the Marantz too.

From that point on, I can switch between the Marantz and NT-503 from my phone.

Except that the next day or so, the devices are gone and I need to do the above again.

Funny thing is, my dad recently bought an LG OLED tv and Denon AVR-3400. Both support Spotify connect. His phone doesn't see the devices, except Spotify on his desktop. In his case, he can force close Spotify, open it again and often it will see the denon for streaming.

Why are our phones not seeing the Spotify Connect devices when other devices have no issues?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue is resolved but the forum won't let me post the resolution, it says "post contains" (quoting my entire message) saying it is not allowed.

Well, whatever!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

The issue is resolved but the forum won't let me post the resolution, it says "post contains" (quoting my entire message) saying it is not allowed.

Well, whatever!

Suggested posts