Spotify Connect is infuriating How do I kill it?

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify Connect is infuriating How do I kill it?

Regular

When I am running it pops up while I am trying to change songs and register clicks without giving me time to read it. It started playing music at my job while I was running at the gym a mile away. Yesterday it popped up while I was trying to run next to my wife and it was controlling her phone. At some point it popped up and  asked me if I want to play on SM-900V or SM-900V. We both have the same phones. Could you please tell me how to disable this HORRIBLE useless feature? Is it possible to actually name devices so it is less annoying?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify Connect is infuriating How do I kill it?

Regular

I have since learned that connect is not my issue. It seems a single premium license cannot be used to playback audio on more than one device at a time. It seems even setting to offline mode does not prevent online verification to enforce single user playback. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Roadie

Apparently you're not alone!  There is an unofficial guide to disabling Connect here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/UNOFFICIAL-GUIDE-How-to-disable-Spotify-Connect/td-p/9...

Cheers,

Nick

(\\\(.:..:.)///) Burstt Playlists (\\\(.:..:.)///)

Did this response help? Please give me a Kudos below!

Did this response solve the problem? Please mark this as the solution below!
Highlighted

Regular

I'll try the offline mode. Thx. I am not going to root my phone to disable spotify connect. lol. If it infuriates me that much I'll just stop using spotify. 

Highlighted

Roadie

Agreed!  Good luck

(\\\(.:..:.)///) Burstt Playlists (\\\(.:..:.)///)

Did this response help? Please give me a Kudos below!

Did this response solve the problem? Please mark this as the solution below!
Highlighted

Regular

Since I switched to a samsung note 5 offline mode doesn't seem to work.Did something chage in spotify? 

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

I have since learned that connect is not my issue. It seems a single premium license cannot be used to playback audio on more than one device at a time. It seems even setting to offline mode does not prevent online verification to enforce single user playback. 

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS