Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect is infuriating How do I kill it?

Solved!

Spotify Connect is infuriating How do I kill it?

When I am running it pops up while I am trying to change songs and register clicks without giving me time to read it. It started playing music at my job while I was running at the gym a mile away. Yesterday it popped up while I was trying to run next to my wife and it was controlling her phone. At some point it popped up and  asked me if I want to play on SM-900V or SM-900V. We both have the same phones. Could you please tell me how to disable this HORRIBLE useless feature? Is it possible to actually name devices so it is less annoying?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have since learned that connect is not my issue. It seems a single premium license cannot be used to playback audio on more than one device at a time. It seems even setting to offline mode does not prevent online verification to enforce single user playback. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Apparently you're not alone!  There is an unofficial guide to disabling Connect here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/UNOFFICIAL-GUIDE-How-to-disable-Spotify-Connect/td-p/9...

Cheers,

Nick

(\\\(.:..:.)///) Burstt Playlists (\\\(.:..:.)///)

Did this response help? Please give me a Kudos below!

Did this response solve the problem? Please mark this as the solution below!

I'll try the offline mode. Thx. I am not going to root my phone to disable spotify connect. lol. If it infuriates me that much I'll just stop using spotify. 

Agreed!  Good luck

(\\\(.:..:.)///) Burstt Playlists (\\\(.:..:.)///)

Did this response help? Please give me a Kudos below!

Did this response solve the problem? Please mark this as the solution below!

Since I switched to a samsung note 5 offline mode doesn't seem to work.Did something chage in spotify? 

Marked as solution

I have since learned that connect is not my issue. It seems a single premium license cannot be used to playback audio on more than one device at a time. It seems even setting to offline mode does not prevent online verification to enforce single user playback. 

Suggested posts