Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on my android stops playback on other platforms

Spotify Connect on my android stops playback on other platforms

I love the idea behind spotify connect, but the implementation fails for me.

Every couple of minutes my playback just stops and switches to something random in that same playlist. forcing me to hit play again and listen to a different song. At that same moment my spotify player activates on my Android phone. (noticed by the notification)

I already had this problem with the playback on my iPad, which made it impossible to open the Spotify app on my Android phone, since playback would pause and some random other track in the playlist would be selected.

In this case I would have to open my iPad since connect does not seem to be able to find my ipad as a playback device.

Please fix this dominance in the Android app, and let me open it without being forced to restart the music on any other device.

6 Replies

Same problem here, when Android app is open, random stops and skips. Only fix is to kill the app or put it in offline, otherwise Spotify Desktop keeps erring (on Android the Spotify service keeps running in the background even when you exit the app).

Dear Spotify,

Is there any chance this problem is going to be solved soon? it is quite annoying

Next to going in offline mode the automated popup can be disabled when you (android > Networkusage >Spotify>Limit background use)

I have the same issue with my Nexus 5. It effectively makes the app unusable. Fix this please.

Same problem. I thought I was going crazy! 

Same problem here. I use my FireTV connected to my home cinema audio system as a spotify connect client and my smartphone or tablet to control the playback - I usually play my radio stations but playback always stops after a while, sometimes some hours, sometimes even less than one hour. It always stops at the end of one track. I'm premium user.

Suggested posts