Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connection Notification when Waze Navigation is Turned Off

Solved!

Spotify Connection Notification when Waze Navigation is Turned Off

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Version 9

Version of Spotify App

My Question or Issue

Just yesterday I started noticing that everytime my phone connects to my car via bluetooth and I use Spotify, Spotify has the normal notification banner for playback control, but there is another banner that reads "Spotify Connection: Connected to Waze". It does not let me swipe it away even when I am out of the car, bluetooth is off, and my music is no longer playing. In my Spotify settings I have Waze Navigation switched OFF and I do not even have the Waze app on my phone. Is there any way to make this stop without turning off notifications for Spotify altogether? I assume even if I turn off notifications, "Spotify Connection: Connected to Waze" would still be running in the background which I do not want. Please advise.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to head over to this thread, where we're currently investigating the issue.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates 😉

Note: we've marked this post as a solution for the sake of visibility.

View solution in original post

53 Replies

Exact same problem here on a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro in Scotland. I have a premium plan, and am also using Spotify app version 8.5.4.770. Android version 9. HUAWEI EMUI 9.0.0.210

Screenshot_20190509_161329_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
Screenshot_20190509_161520_com.spotify.music.jpg

Same issue here on Pixel 3Screenshot_20190509-230003.png

Same on Galaxy S9+.

Go to app settings in your phone's settings and notifications and turn off external applications. 

Screenshot_20190509-204255_Settings.jpg

That doesn't solve the issue, just masks it. Spotify needs to fix this.

UPDATE: This did not fix it. The notification is back. Hopefully they fix this soon!

I have this problem too. It got fixed by me updating the app just now. 

I updated my app today too and still have the same problem. 😕

Screenshot_20190510-165458_Chrome.jpg

Exactly the same here, Galaxy S10+. Particularly frustrating as the app itself (Spotify) is so slow and un-optimised. The guys at Spotify need to get their house in order, to put it nicely.
Screenshot_20190511-060129_Chrome.jpg

Same here Galaxy S7 Edge. Waze switched off, not installed, never been a user.

Same. Pixel 3 XL. I don't even have Waze installed on my phone.

Same thing here on Samsung Galaxy S10 and I don't have Waze installed

Same here. Germany, Huawei P9 Lite.

Same problem on my Asus Zenfone 4

Same, Galaxy S9

have the same issue with my Huawei nova 3i... waze is turned off and never had it on.

Screenshot_20190512_173056_com.android.chrome.jpg

same here on Moto G7 running Android Pie, Spotify Premium and Waze is not installed.

Same here! OG Pixel, using a Kenwood radio in my car. Never had Waze installed on my phone in my life.

OnePlus 6 here, same thing going on for about a week now.

What surprises me is that the notification cant be swiped away, it doesn't go away when I close the app either. I have to force stop it from the app details for it to disappear.

Screenshot_20190513-203635.jpg

I am experiencing the same issue. Samsung Note8 (SM-N950U), Android v9/One UI version 1.0 Spotify Version 8.5.5.853. 

Edit: 

Verified that Waze navigation is turned off in Settings/Social.

Also removed app connection on Spotify site.

Suggested posts