Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Notification won't go away

Solved!

Spotify Notification won't go away

Plan

Free

Country

Bangladesh

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Max)

Operating System

(Android 11)

My Question or Issue

Spotify music control notification won't go away even when it's not playing and not running in the background. I even tried cleaning all recent apps running in the background but doesn't work. I can swipe it left or right but it comes back after locking and unlocking the phone.

It only goes away when I manually force close the Spotify app. 

186462076_519409919233892_1469616485186942222_n.jpg
189391473_224161085848681_6668839496853247664_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is a bug within MIUI 12 on Xiaomi phones and there is a bug fix to solve it available: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-5-12-13.61262/page-8#post-607715

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey @mahbubzone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you try to disable notifications for Spotify? This can be done from the pone's settings.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same issue. I have disabled all permissions.

I have the exact same issue on my new Redmi Note 10 Pro (Global Version).

This does not solve the problem, it just disables the music control notification altogether.

I still want to use the music controls on my lock screen, but not after I have completely stopped the app.

The controls keep showing up on my lock screen and notification bar even after I ended the Spotify app completely.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check if toggling Background App Refresh on/off for Spotify in your OS settings makes a difference in the behavior you're describing? It's a good idea to restart your device after each change to ensure the changes take effect.

If that doesn't fix things, we advise running a clean reinstall to make sure any malfunctioning app files are removed.  

@Magicknl keep in mind that the permissions ensure the app operates smoothly and in full capacity. We recommend reenabling all of them after the clean reinstall.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Marked as solution

This is a bug within MIUI 12 on Xiaomi phones and there is a bug fix to solve it available: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-5-12-13.61262/page-8#post-607715

Thanks mate! The issue is now gone.

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing what has worked for you 🙂

This will help other users facing the same issue.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I have tried your suggestions but the problem persists.

I know it won't help. Try the solution. I mean the reply I marked as solution. Hope it will work.

Spotify CS rep informed me that removing the notifications was not an option. I Uninstall the app. The notifications ceased! 

Basic plan

Free/Premium - Free

Country 

India

Device 

Redmi Note 11

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating  System

Android

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

The notification bar for Spotify doesn't get removed after I close the App, it is really frustrating to see it there and not able to remove until I restart the handset. I even tried closing the App running in the background but it doesn't go off from the notification bar, I feel the App has a glitch. Please work on it. 

I am having the same issue and I use a Samsung Galaxy.

In stock Android, there is an "Media" sub menu in the "Sounds & Vibrations" settings that allows you to "Hide player when the media session has ended" which you can turn on.

if you are using a samsung phone read on:
Samsung for whatever goofy reason decided to hide this setting, however, you can bring it up again with Nova Launcher.

Steps in Nova Launcher:
  1. Install Nova Launcher, you can uninstall once you have turned on the "Hide player when the media session has ended" setting. you do not have to make Nova Launcher your default launcher for this fix to work
  2. Add a widget to your home screen by dragging "Nova Launcher->Activity" widget to your home screen.
  3. The widget will present an activity selection dialog, Go to the "Settings" dropdown and open it
  4. Select to Media (.Settings$MediaContorlSettingsActivity) (Android 13) note: in earlier versions of android it was called                         @ strings/media_controls_title (.Settings$MediaContorlSettingsActivity)
  5. Click on the widget once it's created and you will see the missing android setting ui. (this is the "Sound & Vibrations" setting ui samsung removed)
  6. Uncheck "Pin Media Player".
  7. Uncheck "Show media recommendations" (optional)
  8. you can remove the widget
  9. you can uninstall Nova Launcher if you were not already a Nova Launhcer User

- the Spotify playback control notification will disappear after you swipe Spotify away in the Recents Apps
- the Spotify playback control notification will appear if the Spotify app is open
- this does not work for the Samsung Music
- if you have another way to invoke this ui activity: Settings$MediaContorlSettingsActivity you do not need to use Nova Launcher

Unfortunetely that seyting is also gone

403 Forbidden, Please provide a new link

Suggested posts