Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app says it's offline when using data.

Solved!

Spotify app says it's offline when using data.

Plan

Premium

Country

Czechia

Device

Honor 10

Operating System

Android 10

It says it's offline, I can't play any songs. I've had this issue for a couple months.

I have tried all the solutions suggested to people having the same problem. That includes: 

Clean reinstall of the app

Power saver off

Data saver off

Logging in with username instead of facebook

When i tried to log in with another account, still the same problem.

In settings, i can see that the app actually uses some of my data. 3.87 MB in the last 12 minutes.

I would be glad for any help. Thank you guys!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, guys, i tried to factory reset my phone settings and it works fine now! Thank you again for being here with me and helping me!

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hi @zafybaf,

Welcome to the Community 🙂 

If a clean reinstall didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu > Apps.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

If afterwards the issue persists, we suggest that you log in to another device which is using the same internet connection.

Just to make sure, does this only happen with mobile data or using WiFi as well?

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yep, the app has all the permissions and is excluded from the battery optimization.
It works fine with wifi.

Hey @zafybaf,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to log in to your account on another device. That way we can see if it's a device-related issue. Are there any changes?

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD..

Just to double check- does the issue persist only while using the mobile data?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify works fine on my pc. I don't use an SD card and yep, the problem is only when I'm using the mobile data. Also I don't think the connection is weak, I can watch youtube videos without any problem. Only Spotify has troubles with the mobile data connection.

Hey @zafybaf,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

In this case you can try with a different network. For example if you're using 3G, try 4G and the other way around. 

If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to reset your network settings. Are there any changes?

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

I still have the same problem even when i switch to 2G and 3G. Network reset also didn't help. I also tried to create a hotspot on my phone using the mobile data and connect other devices to it and spotify worked fine on the other devices.

Hey @zafybaf,

Thanks for the info 🙂

We'd suggest you toggle on/off the airplane mode. Does the issue persist?

In case you are using a VPN, we'd suggest you turn it off.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Turned the airplane mode on and off and nothing changed. I have never used a VPN.

Hi there @zafybaf,

Thanks for the info.

Can you ask a friend to insert their sim card in your phone and see if you can steam music over mobile data then? This will help us determine if it's an network issue.

Keep us posted 🙂 

AlexModerator

Sure! I'll try that as soon as possible and tell u the results. And thank you guys for your help, you're awesome! 🙂

Ok I tried my friend's SIM, the mobile data was on and working but the spotify app still said it has no internet connection.

Hey again @zafybaf,

Thanks for trying and bearing with us. We're always happy to help 🙂

There seems to be some block or data usage restriction on either your phone or set by your mobile service provider.

In this case, we recommend getting in touch with the manufacturer and with your mobile service provider for more info about what could be blocking Spotify from using mobile data.

You could also try to factory reset your phone.

As a workaround, you can download all your content when using WiFi so you can listen to it when the app can't connect to the Internet.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Thank you for your help anyway! You're all so nice and kind.
I hope you're having a peaceful end of 2020 and i wish you all a happy new year ❤️
Marked as solution

Ok, guys, i tried to factory reset my phone settings and it works fine now! Thank you again for being here with me and helping me!

Hi there @zafybaf,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for your kind wishes!

We're glad to know that the factory reset did the trick.

If you need a hand with anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Have a lovely end of the year and a joyful and peaceful new year 💚

CarlosEModerator

this thread made me realize that I had a data block on, so thank you guys◡̈ I completely forgot I put it on months ago:/ It was set from 8pm-2am so it never bothered me until now.. I feel really stupid but thank you for putting this information out there ☻

Please how can I remove my thread because my own Spotify isn't working also

Hey @Oluwatodimu,

Thanks for your reply here. 

In this case, we'd like to confirm: what did you mean by "removing your thread"? Is there a post you'd like to remove from the Community? If yes, you can report the post you'd like to remove by going to the three dot menu> Report Inappropriate Content. There, you'll see a section in which you can leave us a message. There you can write that you'd like to delete a comment or reply. 

On another note, since you mention the app is not working on your side, would you mind sharing with us the troubleshooting you've tried so far? That way, we can suggest other alternatives and avoid repeating any steps.

If you haven't yet, we'd recommend checking if the data usage is blocked by Spotify on your phone's settings. The option might vary from devices, but in most of them can be found by going to Apps> Spotify. 

Lastly, would you mind letting us know the exact make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have reinstalled the app and even cleared the storage but it still isn't working. The app actually works with WiFi but no matter how hard I try it won't work with mobile data 

Suggested posts