Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect android app

Solved!

Spotify connect android app

Anybody have an ETA for the spotify connect features for the Android apps? Can't wait! 

35 Replies

Yes Spotify premium user, hence the software on Android devices. And I have updated the firmware on the Pioneer unit to version s1080.1000.0 as advised by Pioneer's website.

Thats weird, and the connect speaker icon doesn't appear on the Now Playing screen? 

Might be worth a reinstallation of the android application to see if that makes any difference.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had to update my pioneer speaker firmware and it works fine. As I said, Connect is still rolling out to android users but when you have it, the connect icon will show at the bottom of the album cover view

Out of interest does the icon only display when you are connected to a 'Spotify Connect' device, i.e. does it show greyed out at other times?

Yes it show greyed out in cover view and not at all in the play bar. Once you power on a hardware device, (waits for his speaker to boot up) the display is the same but clicking on the grey speaker icon from cover view enables you to select your speakers after which yu see a green speaker in cover view and in the play bar at the bottom in other views.

So if it shows greyed out when not in use, everyone should be able to see this icon who is using the Android app, right? Not just those with Connect enabled speakers?

I'm not sure about that. There was some talk elsewhere that the icon didn't show until the app detected compatible speakers in another thread. If you updated the firmware for your speaker with the connect update and you have connect on your android, you should be able to connect as follows:

1. Make sure the speaker is powered on and on the same wifi network as your mobile.
  2. Open spotify on mobile and go to album cover view.
  3. Tap on the connect icon at the bottom which takes you to the connect page showing compatible devices.

If you don't see a connect icon in step 3, connect hasn't been rolled out to you yet.

"If you don't see a connect icon in step 3, connect hasn't been rolled out to you yet."

What exactly is meant by this? Are spotify only enabling the feature to users in batches then? Have they stated this? I would have thought a feature like that would be down to software version.

I have tried re-installing Spotify on the phone with Android 4.2.2 and still no sign of the Spotify Connect button. Have speaker on and connected to same network.

It is a phased rollout to premium subscribers and is independent of version. If you don't have it yet, you shouldn't have too long to wait. The original announcement said "Spotify Connect will roll out to Spotify Premium subscribers on iPhone, iPad and home audio systems over the coming months, with Android and desktop updates to follow."

I'm just trying to decide whether it is worth hanging on to the speaker, as it wasn't cheap and I currently have no way of playing any music on it as it doesn't even come with a cable to plug in with...

If it's going to be months, then there's a good chance the speaker will not only be cheaper by then, but there will be others available on the market.

Marked as solution

You could try getting an idea from the support team with the contact formIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thanks I've opened up dialogue with the support team so will see where it goes...

Exchanged a couple of emails with the support team. They asked me to reinstall again, which didn't affect anything. However I've looked back at both of the android handsets and the button has suddenly appeared. I have to say now that the feature is working I am very happy with my purchase!!!!

Can definitely recommend the speaker! Well balanced sub - have listened to some House, DnB, Rock and acoustic, all sound great! Also using the Connect feature across both phones is great!

Great news, enjoy your music 🙂

Yeah they are rocking! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts