Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not working

Solved!

Spotify connect not working

Hi!

I've got Spotify Premium and on my Android device I can see the symbol in the bottom right corner of "Now playing" that takes me to a screen that says "Connect let's you play and connect Spotify on your devices. If another device becomes available you can select it here", but although I am on the same network (at home) my PC doesn't seem to register (I don't have any other devices to try with atm). 

If I play on one device and then play on the other one the first one pauses - so they are clearly online.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify Connect isn't yet available in the desktop client I'm afraid - but hopefully it will be added in the future.

Connect is currently only available on iOS and android devices as well as Connect enabled speakers.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify Connect isn't yet available in the desktop client I'm afraid - but hopefully it will be added in the future.

Connect is currently only available on iOS and android devices as well as Connect enabled speakers.

Peter

Is there any ETA on when this would be available for PC/Mac?

No timescales I'm afraid but I imagine that they'll all be busy working on the new GUI and Your Music for now so it may be a while.

I have spotify premium
I want to connect to my Bluesound speaker, but the connct button does not show on my iPhone. I have tried to reinstall and upgrade both my bluesound app and spotify.

Br

Martin

Did you find the FAQ? If you still have problems, please start a new thread in the iOS or Other devices section, thanks.

I'm not sure Spotify will work with Bluesound (although I'm not really familiar with the set up). Connect only works with approved Spotify Connect devices.

Peter

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/?_ga=1.191649708.781111195.1395239271#!/article/Using-Spotif...

@Peter wrote:
I'm not sure Spotify will work with Bluesound (although I'm not really familiar with the set up). Connect only works with approved Spotify Connect devices.

^ See why couldn't I find that when I searched the US site...

Thanks man!

Peter

Umm do you mean for since the upgraded version was released? Spotify Connect worked perfectly for me before I was forced to upgrade to the new version. I used Spotify desktop version on my Mac and I was able to change music, volume, etc from my Android cell phone AND my Android tablet. Now I cant change jack squat when playing from my Mac....

@Peter wrote:

That doesn't sound like Connect. Were you using a third party spotify remote maybe?

Uhm maybe a little bit late but I have the latest version of spotify as I were told, I also have a premium account on spotify, my TV has the app of spotify and my home cinema set, but when I open my connect thing, it's doesn't show any devices where I can play it on? It's possible to do it with bluetooth but then not the thing I want.. I hope you can help me out. Thanks a lot

Suggested posts