Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connections notification not going away

Solved!

Spotify connections notification not going away

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung galaxy s10e

My Question or Issue

I know this has been posted a few times, but without a resolution. That 'spotify  connections ' notification will not go away. Upon expanding it, it just says 'Waze is connected' I've never had Waze and I have the Waze setting off. This is a brand new phone, I've tried reinstalling  spotify already. This also was happening to me on my previous phone. If a solution is not promptly given, I will find another music app.

Screenshot_20190604-082306_Chrome.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: This should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Hey @Helloalx and @3n1r0py,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is a known issue which we are currently looking into.

Make sure to head over to this thread where we will keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I just got this notification today myself. I went into settings > navigation > turn off "get reminder to use navigation apps when you're in your car ". It instantly went away. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Same here with Note 9 on AT&T.

Marked as solution

UPDATE: This should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Hey @Helloalx and @3n1r0py,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is a known issue which we are currently looking into.

Make sure to head over to this thread where we will keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

It's been more than three months now, are you still looking into it?

Hey @adarwish,

Thanks for being active in the thread. 

This is now supposed to be fixed. Could you confirm if you have done a clean reinstall?

Let us know how the situation looks after that 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I literally just had this too.

On version 8.5.24.762.

It was on android (Galaxy S7) where the "Spotify connections" notification would just not want to be dragged away.

When opening Spotify it came uu with some popups of connection samsung services to my account. I dismissed it, not interested, and thought to be done with it, but nope.

Closing spotify the normal way also didn't remove the notifications.

I had to go to the system settings, find the app and kill it explicitly. The notification is now gone, also when re-opening spotify.

I could've also restarted my phone... would have had the same effect.

Note: I did not do a clean install. I don't have the notification now anymore so i don't really see a point for it.

Hey @markg85,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Take care!

I installed it today and still have this bug

Well, there obviously is a real bug here in Spotify.

It might not be very serious and only mildly inconvenient. Users not knowing about this thread or unable to find is via Google probably reboot their phone which likely solves it too.

Still, it's a bug that has been in Spotify for quite some time and seems to creep up again every now and then. It would be great if Spotify could take some time to get this sorted.

same here. Fresh install on a brand new Pixel 4 and his notification won't go away anytime I'm connected to Android Auto in my car

This persistent and annoying issue has not been fixed. Fresh install on fresh phone, android 8.1. 

Still happening.  Samsung S9

Perhaps looking into it is not very effective. Try looking at it or looking for a solution...
Marked as solution

I just got this notification today myself. I went into settings > navigation > turn off "get reminder to use navigation apps when you're in your car ". It instantly went away. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Thank You!

This worked for me:
I used to have a persistent notification for "Spotify Connections". When I expanded it (swipe down on the notification), it would say "Bose NC 700 HP is connected". So if turned off bluetooth or my bose headphones, or opened and swiped Spotify away, I could get the notification to clear. 

I was scared to disable notifications from Spotify, but I was able to target the disabling of notifications. I think this won't affect usability whatsoever. I'm on Android (OnePlus 7T running android 11). 

I swiped to the side to show the gear. I chose turn off notifications. Then right when the toggles came up to choose, I noticed one flashed 3 times. It said "External Applications". So I toggled that off (and hit apply), and the notification disappeared. 

Screenshot_2022-10-13-09-44-07-264_com.miui.home.jpg

 its happening again.

Premium

Sri Lanka.  K20Pro

Hey @Chanuka,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let us know what happens when you click on the notification? Have you already tried clean reinstalling the app to see if that makes a difference?

Keep us posted.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts