Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify controls no longer showing on lock screen

Solved!

Spotify controls no longer showing on lock screen

On my lock screen, the Spotify controls no longer appear as a permanent notification while music is playing. They are still present when I expand the notification bar on an unlocked phone, however.

I have tried closing and reopening the app, logging out and in, and also uninstall/reinstall.

All Spotify notifications are enabled in-app and in Android settings both (Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications) and  (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications).

Attached image is what I see when I expand the notification bar while music is paused, and what I would expect to see on the lock screen.

I suspect this has something to do with a recent Android update which changed Samsung's "OneUI."

Info:

Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G

OneUI version 4

Android version 12

Spotify app version 8.7.4.1056

Screenshot_20220215-182025_Spotify.jpg
47 Replies

Hey @lewa999,

Thanks for letting us know what solved the issue for you and that everything's working fine now.

Also, remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had this issue for some time now on my Samsung S21 and now my S22.

Each time I pause my music using the lock screen, the Spotify controls widget disappears. To fix, ensure the phone isn't closing the Spotify app to save battery:

Open Settings and click on the following:
- 'Battery and device care'

- 'Battery'

- 'Background useage limits'

- 'Never sleeping apps'

- '+'

- 'Spotify'

That's it. 🙂 Enjoy.

This is the solution which worked for me. Thank you. 👌

Marked as solution

I experienced this problem after a recent update. I found that my notifications were turned off for Spotify. I solved the problem by going to Settings - Apps - Spotify - Notifications and then toggled Show notifications to on. I also selected delivery quietly. Perhaps having notifications turned off was preventing the music widget from appearing on the Lock Screen. This fixed it immediately. 

Dude, THANKS! I can't explain how long I've been without having the Spoti widget in the lock screen because I thought it was a weird setting of the last Android update. I decided a while ago to disable all notifications in my phone and WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT that doing so would disable music widgets as well? It makes 0 literal sense. Thanks a lot!

Thank goodness! It's been almost 2 years of struggling to figure out how to get this working again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

All of the solutions offered were not working for me so I checked my Do Not Disturb settings (which have been on and unchanged for months no issues) and allowing Spotify to ignore Do Not Disturb allowed the menu to show up. I don't know why and what has changed but I'm happy I got the menu back lol

Yo. This worked. Thanks

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 and this solution ("deliver notifications quietly") is what fixed it after I had the other 2 solutions enabled and nothing happened (allow music widget and allow notifications).

Hi,

since receiving my new Google Pixel 7 Pro, I've started to have this problem.

Using Android 13, I've enabled every toggle possible, but there is no lock screen widget shown (ever).

Any ideas?

Hey @Ed,

Thanks for reaching out.

Most of the steps suggested in this thread are for devices from different manufacturers,  so we'd recommend reaching out to Google support to find the correct equivalents and make sure that there aren't any device specific settings preventing the controls from appearing on your lock screen.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

in case anyone else is looking for a solution to the problem with the Pixel's.... you need to change this:

Go to Settings > Security > Face & Fingerprint Unlock > Face Unlock > and disable Skip lock screen

Yes this helped. Although, my playback button was "on", I clicked on the playback button in my settings and found that it was on "silent" which seems contradictory. I changed it to default which solved the problem.

@FortressButress Yes this one worked after countless tries through the maze of settings. Thank you. Samsung One UI 5.0, Android 13.

me too I have pixel 7 pro and no control on lock screen.  i have looked at all these setting and matched them

this is not resolving mine for pixel 7 pro. all i see is name of song and artist.

I have tried everything - toggling notifications on, checking sensitive info and showing all info on lockscreen, even performing a clean reinstall. Nothing works. 

I did everything including clean reinstall. and also talked to live agent for troubleshooting assistance. it is still not solved. Im using VIVO X80 with Android 12. Please help me fix this

thank you so much! this method is the one that finally worked for me

You may try the solutions to fix the Spotify controls missing.

Suggested posts