Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when trying to open song settings (3 little dots)

Solved!

Spotify crashes when trying to open song settings (3 little dots)

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

MIUI Global 10.4.4

My Question or Issue

My Spotify always crashes if I press the song settings (or long on the song), to add it into my playlist or in my queue for example.

I've already reinstalled Spotify and changed the battery settings

98 Replies

Same thing happens to me in my redmi note 8 pro. I'm in Mexico. 

Same problem, redmi6

Me too redmi note 8 pro Poland

seriously this seems like a bad joke. three weeks already without any solution and you posted the problem as solved?! this matter only speaks about how you are not caring at all about all these people and their problems. s h a m e 

Seriously this seems like a bad joke. three weeks already without any solution and you posted the problem as solved?! this matter only speaks about how you are not caring at all about all these people and their problems. s h a m e.

I ended my 3 year premium subscription yesterday and vowed not to come back until this issue is fixed. I hope more and more people will stop putting up with this. I hope this will lead to a solution and faster handling of such problems.

1. Which old version you used that works ?

http//spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1224131

Same problem with Redmi 6. I can't add songs to my playlists or share them. ðŸ¤¨

spotify-6-3-0-882

Yep. At version 6.5.0.1816 it does not work. At 6.3.0.882 it works.

My model is Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.

So Spotify, please look at the difference between these two versions. You've changed something in the menu/settings UI.

And prioritize this ticket. It is open for way too long.

Not being able to put some songs in a queue is too frustrating and not being worth to pay for!

But it does... whenever the app is upgraded the problem also comes back...

why you haven't done anything for more than a month???? WHY WHY WHY???????

Guys, i have this issue since a month, please do something about it, i love spotify and i dont want to quit it

Well this hasn't been at all helpful and the fact that this is a service I pay for and further assistance hasn't been given is a shambles

where can I download the working version without the risk of getting malware? apkmirror does not have it... the other option would be to cancel the premium subscription until the problem is fixed

I've been downloading it from https://spotify.br.uptodown.com/android/versions and it's ok. But, for some reason, the app is always upgrading to the latest version and it all comes back...

@Catboto

Thank you very much, it is working now! I turned off automatic updates in the play store, maybe I will be left alone with more bs now. It is sad, that users have to compensate Spotify's inability and indifference to solve problems.

• It's working? How, I'm still having trouble

Suggested posts