Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify disconnects wifi while downloading

Solved!

Spotify disconnects wifi while downloading

While downloading songs to my Motorola Droid Maxx, running Android 4.2.2 and Spotify 0.6.6.270, Spotify appears to force my wifi (g) connection to drop after a song finishes downloading.  Wifi immediately reconnects after it drops out.  This does not occur after every song downloads, as sometimes 2-3 songs may be successfully downloaded before the wifi connection is dropped.  Once this occurs, Spotify shows the "internet connection is unavailable" message and will no longer download, despite other applications on the phone having internet access through the wifi connection once it is reconnected.  If I exit Spotify and swipe it from the list of running applications, downloads will resume and the "internet connection is unavailable" message is not shown after spotify is re-opened.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem when I had Jelly Bean on my phone, but it wasn't specific to Spotify - also happened when I saved tracks on Google Play Music and certain podcast apps. 

Went back to Ice Cream Sandwich and the problem is gone - from doing a little research it does seem to be a general Android issue rather than Spotify-specific and may be related to WPA (try turning that off if you have your own wireless access point)

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi. Could you check your advanced wifi settings and see if switching "Keep wifi on during sleep" to ON and turning off "Wifi optimisation" helps.

Yes... I have tried this. Does not appear to help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem with my samsung 😞

Marked as solution

I had the same problem when I had Jelly Bean on my phone, but it wasn't specific to Spotify - also happened when I saved tracks on Google Play Music and certain podcast apps. 

Went back to Ice Cream Sandwich and the problem is gone - from doing a little research it does seem to be a general Android issue rather than Spotify-specific and may be related to WPA (try turning that off if you have your own wireless access point)

I disabled WPA wireless security, and everything works as it should. I suppose I will go complain to Google instead. Thanks for your input schweeny.

Read this because have same problem Spotify disconnects and connects, this is also when I activate om bluetooth on my tablet (Motorola Xoom, android). Please be aware if anybody else reading, that turning off any security for Wifi in your own network, that the wifi is available free for people nearby. So only do this if you know what you are doing 🙂

---- Always Spotify Premium!! ----
I'm a serious musicaddict and proud of it
From Sweden and lives in Sweden!

Suggested posts