Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify freezes when syncing playlists.

Spotify freezes when syncing playlists.

Yo!

I've got a Sony Ericsson xperia X10 mini pro, which I'm trying to sync one of my playlists to offline mode. That works out just fine, for the first 3 songs, then it freezes. Tried reinstalling, deleting cache and files, deleting some of my playlists (as I read somewhere that it might help), but there is still no improvement. Am I the only one having these problems? I changed my microSD card from a 2gb to a 16gb card, is that the problem?

Help indeedly appreciated 

23 Replies

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 - I9100

- Android Version 4.4.2

- Spotify Version : 1.1.1.162

Having the same problem for several app versions now. The last few days I tried several approaches from wiping/reinstalling the app to a complete system factory reset. Checked and re-formatted my SD-Card several times and it's fine. Also when the app freezes this happens . 

The number of synced items does not seem to matter very much. Had this with a 300 song playlist as well as with a 10 song playlist. I think keeping the phone/screen awake while syncing helps a bit but this isn't really a solution.

This app with its problems mentioned above is becoming more and more unuseable. I really like Spotify but what is left to do but to change to something else?!

Do you get the same problem without the external SD card?

Clear the cache from spotify settings page

Remove the SD card

Play or download a playlist

If that works (and yes, I know you don't have much space on an S2) then it might be worth trying a different external SD card. Are you using a custom ROM? Does going back to the stock ROM (4.1 I believe) make any difference?

Thanks for your help.

However I just found this (stuttering while playblack) which seems to be a data connection problem when the system is on standby. As I wrote above things seem to work better when keeping the screen on. Assuming this is the root of the sync/playback problem I really hope this will get fixed soon, because the 'Optimize WLAN'-Setting is a really usefull feature and siwthcing it off everytime is really annoying. 

Suggested posts