Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has Stopped Working Message

Spotify has Stopped Working Message

This just started happening yesterday, I have a Galaxy S4, when I open Spotify there is the typical black backdrop and then in the upper left corner the menu button with the spotify logo, but after that nothing loads and soon I get a message saying "Spotify has stopped working" with the options of "Report" and "Ok". So far I have tried clearing the cache, clearing the app data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked. I have also heard it could be a problem if it is on the memory card, but in my case it was downloaded to the phone. Thank you for any help.

5 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. There is a detailed guide on getting a true clean install, I believe this will help you.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

i have the same problem men , but i i did factory settings and uninstalled and installed the app but now when i start up the app it gives immidiatly the message spotify is stopped and i cant do anything anymore , what should i do now , am i doomed now?

@Tgroeneveld wrote:

i have the same problem men , but i i did factory settings and uninstalled and installed the app but now when i start up the app it gives immidiatly the message spotify is stopped and i cant do anything anymore , what should i do now , am i doomed now?

Hi. Did you follow my troubleshooting guide? Did you clean install as part the instructions? I recommend you check that thread as it covers off most things. 

Android Troubleshooting:

yeah i did , but now i can get in my account en lissen to the music again but now i have 2 problems , 1 when i download my playlist for offline it says not enough space sync error , and it still pop ups sometimes with spotify closed if i dont use it all the time when i stop lissening for like 20 minits it gives me that message again

@Tgroeneveld wrote:

yeah i did , but now i can get in my account en lissen to the music again but now i have 2 problems , 1 when i download my playlist for offline it says not enough space sync error , and it still pop ups sometimes with spotify closed if i dont use it all the time when i stop lissening for like 20 minits it gives me that message again

What phone are you using? Got an sd card by any chance? 

There's a section about that too. 

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts