Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify icon gone from notification bar

Solved!

Spotify icon gone from notification bar

Hi!

I'm using spotify version 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 on Xperia V with Android 4.1.2. Since the last few days, the spotify icon in the notification area/bar (normally allowing playback controls and going straight to the app while using other apps) has disappeared. I've tried all steps in the troubleshoot guide twice but it haven't resolved the problem.

It's really getting quite annoying not to be able to access/control spotify while using other apps..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you just confirm that you have tried uninstalling then reinstalling spotify? If you go to android settings/applications/spotify, is the "show notifications" box checked?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Had this problem as well on brand new GALAXY S7.

I also allowed the app: phone, contacts and storage (makes no sense) and tadaaa!!
It now shows the bar in pop-down window that I was used to on my good old LG G2 with pause/play, skip back and ahead, picture, artist and album ❤️

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you just confirm that you have tried uninstalling then reinstalling spotify? If you go to android settings/applications/spotify, is the "show notifications" box checked?

Reinstalled twice. However, the box wasn't ticked - how stupid do I feel now 😄

No worries 🙂

What box? In app settings or phone settings?

I am having the same issue, but cannot find this tick box in the settings that you have mentioned.  Do you mind guiding me through this?

@bijankle

If you open your phone settings then navigate to apps and open Spotify you should have a menu for 'notifications'. Open this and ensure that all are disabled except 'peeking'.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Dude I almost threw my phone out of the **bleep** car window cuz I couldn't figure this out. Thanks dude. SO SIMPLE

I've checked all the settings I know how and don't see what you're talking about. Running Android 5.0 and Spotify 6.3.0.882. Maybe I'm missing something?
Screenshot_2016-10-17-19-44-09.png

Was just looking at this thread because I had the same problem. For me none of the above worked, but it did work to allow all permissions for the spotify app in apps->spotify->permissions, and then allow phone, contact, and storage permissions (running Android 6.0.1 on Nexus 6 fyi). Not sure why this worked but it did, so good luck to you.

Ultimately 6.3 is a buggy **bleep** that doesn't function correctly, some of these fixes work for a period of time but usually you end up with the problems coming back.
I ultimately had to downgrade to 6.2 in order to get rid of this problem and several others.
I don't know about other developers on other operating systems but whoever is doing the android programming is terrible and they clearly don't test their software before they release it.

Hello
I have the same issues , app reinstalled and notifications are turned on.
Marked as solution

Had this problem as well on brand new GALAXY S7.

I also allowed the app: phone, contacts and storage (makes no sense) and tadaaa!!
It now shows the bar in pop-down window that I was used to on my good old LG G2 with pause/play, skip back and ahead, picture, artist and album ❤️

Hello Angeloo
Thank you very much for your answer.
But I am sorry do not know what exactly you mean. What to do.
BTW I also have S7

why my spotify is already installed but i cant see the icon ,, only int the app. settings showing

What did you have to Do? Mine still plays but I can't skip tracks

Thanks!! Was driving me nuts!!

Notficaton/spotify/as priority .

Done ;D

Suggested posts