Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

Re: Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

mdriscoll33
Regular

I will submit this as a new idea, but please also invstigate how "ideas" work.  If you change something, reversing that change is not a an idea.  

dnw78
Regular

Would be interested to see where the heavily voted on “idea” was to change this functionality in the first place...?

Jinteki
Casual Listener

I don't understand why this change can't be reversed. However, if as you say you can't implement a change without raising a new idea, how did this change to auto shuffle ever get implemented in the first place? Your reply sounds like total nonsense to me.

However, in the interests of following your (rather strange) process, I have voted on Mdriscoll33's idea.

Can anyone else reading this thread also vote on it and perhaps it can get some traction?

Located here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Alexa-Other-Stop-auto-shuffling-songs-when-you-req...

Cheers

JonnyFaust
Casual Listener

Same issue. I literally just created an account to weigh in.

The crux of the problem is that I do not want Spotify to ever turn on shuffle without my say-so. 

@mdriscoll33: The 'idea' that you logged is probably going to be difficult for the QA dept. to parse. Do not assume they have read this thread.

Suggest wording it more like this:

Current Funtionality

On asking Alexa to play a particular artist:

1. The most popular song starts playing
  2. Shuffle mode is turned 'ON'

This means that after the most popular song, random b-sides, remixes and live versions start playing. This is a bad experience.

Requested Functionality

On asking Alexa to play a particular artist:

1. The most popular song starts playing
  2. Keep whatever shuffle settings the user currently has active

That way if I do not want shuffle, I just get the most popular songs in sequence. If I want shuffle, I can ask for it.

Acromano626

This is a terrible user experience and a stupid setting. Not sure why anyone would enable this in the first place and call it a feature. Spotify, you’re already on my list of things to get rid of. But for a lack of time, I’d have moved to a different platform. This is going to expedite finding a better option. Revert back.

Oh, and I joined the community just to post this. Moderator, stop replying by calling this is a feature and fix it. 

faffa

Let's try to make this clear, I have this Alexa thing and also a premium account. If I try to listen to a Pink Floyd album (and I love them, so it happens very often) it makes me listen to shuffled songs, which is not just boring, but also useless in the specific case. Now, is it faster for me to return my Amazon Echo environment or unsubscribe from Spotify premium? 

ezunkel

Please, please, please reverse this change. It has truly ruined the Alexa/Spotify experience and makes no sense. I voted for mdriscoll's "new idea." This was a terrible user experience decision.

Christos1985
Casual Listener

Iv just had a chat with a agent and he says its broken for android and only works for ios. I can but our chat up if you would like as i know they would deny its broken

JonnyFaust
Casual Listener

The Live Idea posted above now has over 100 votes. Can we get an update? My Spotify usage is a tenth of what it was since this change. Shuffle mode is that frustrating.

VanB

Thank you for posting the voting link - created an account voted, and posted here as this is driving me crazy.  I'm working on testing out other music services now..  Hopefully this gets fixed before I move.

Odd they change the behaviour on a whim, yet changing it back is a "feature request".

SUGGESTED POSTS