Free

Country

United States

Device

Samsung S10+

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When I use the power button to turn my screen off, my music will randomly pause after 60 seconds or so.  I checked settings and I have it so that Spotify is not put to sleep and is allowed to use background data. 

I've logged out of Spotify and logged back in.
I have done a Force Stop and reopened.
I have also rebooted my phone.

Still happens.

Once it pauses, I can press the play button on my headphones, and it will start back up for another 30 seconds or so, then just pauses again.

I'm using the same phone for over a month now, and the same headphones for a year, and this just started happening yesterday after Google Play updated my Spotify overnight.

17 Replies

Came here to finally post about this too.  Doesn't matter if online or offline, downloaded songs or streaming, random etc.  Just LOTS of random pausing. 

Widget etc shows it as still playing, but if you hit the play button anyway it will restart that song from the beginning.

Widget and Bluetooth devices also seem to be less responsive, and even if not related, issue seems to have started around the same time.

These combine to make listening at work or driving significantly more difficult, having to reopen the app or skip songs every minute or two.

Definitely.  I only stream, but I stream both over Cell Signal and Wifi, doesn't make a difference either.

Playlist doesn't seem to make a difference.

Sometimes it will pause and restart on it's own, but most of the time I have to turn my phone back on again, and hit play to get it started.

Go to settings....device care...battery...click on Spotify....uncheck " put app to sleep"

Thanks I'll give it a try!

The most recent update of spotify keeps doing this and i am on the most recent Android OS and spotify update. If there any suggestions please post. Ive gotten so frustrated i started using Amazon music. It pauses when ever my screen turns off in my car and can't figure it out 

Hey @Raynne413, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

If the issue persists try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account.

Try updating to iOS 12.4.1 as well.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

I found the problem the new update gets "optimized" by android for battery life even though it is set not to go to sleep and allowed background access. You just have to go into the device care then under optimized apps turn spotify off so it shouldn't be optimized any more and that fixes it.

fix.jpg

fix2.jpg

  

I am having this very issue! every 30 - 60 seconds it shuts off i've done ALL the suggested trouble shooting I can find - I turned off optimize batter, uninstall reinstall, reboot force stop, offered my first born child NOTHING WORKS!

I listen to music ALL day at work please fix this!

Fixed like a charm

Yeah, your answer isn't going to help anyone. 

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this we'd recommend you go through the following troubleshooting steps:

• Perform a clean reinstall of the app as per this Spotify Guide.
  • Head over to your phone's app settings and make sure that Spotify is granted all Permissions and that Battery Optimization is turned off.
  • Some devices have Performance enhancement applications running by default. Turn this off for Spotify.

Let us know if you still need help afterwards.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problems as raynne and miles for a very long time now. I already did a soft reinstal but it doesn't work. Emptied my cash but didn't work. Please fix this. I don't even want to try listening to Spotify anymore because it is so annoying.

Hey @Renate3,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried the other suggestions from my previous post?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex,

I don't not understand the website very much. I find it hard to get to the
correct information or get help from spotify.

Can you send me the link to your previous post so I'm directly at the good
spot.

Thank you for your answer!

Hey @Renate3

Thank for getting back to us. 

You can find the post in question by clicking here

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Cheers! 

O my god, it seems to work!! Thanks you!!

Hi @Renate3

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're glad to hear that these suggestions worked for you. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here 🙂

Take care.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts