Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify links won't open in app, opens in browser [android]

Spotify links won't open in app, opens in browser [android]

i'm trying to open playlist/song links sent from the instagram browser app, but the links open spotify web browser on my phone instead of opening the android app.
4 Replies

Hi @ShiningDiamonds9!

Could you confirm if you've allowed Spotify to open links in the app? You can do that in your phone's Settings > Apps > Spotify. It's also worth checking if clicking on a Spotify link from an app other than Instagram would open in Spotify correctly.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

https://open.spotify.com/track/30pIRfkIrvI88LaXReJ6HJ?si=DU4ZOXq3TqCnS44OYtCAvg&context=spotify%3Ase... this is the link that is sent which doesn't work.   If you truncate the Avg&context=spotify%3Asearch%3Ahold%2Bit then it works for me on my s21 android.  

Hi @Adamdoug

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community. 

We tried this on our end, but it worked correctly. 

In this case, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Lastly, sending us the info @Yordan asked for previously would come in handy too.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.  

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts