Premium

Country

America

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I have tried a few apps that promise to connect to Spotify and play music from it as an alarm. I first tried using SpotOn, which kept causing problems for the music so I instead switched to My Alarm (which was made by Kolmajor). It seems to work okay over short periods of time, I've only done a few minutes at most to test it, but if it doesn't work it will make a notification saying Spotify Error- Cannot connect to Spotify server. Any ideas? Is it something with Spotify or something in my settings?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Space4, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

Using other software that use Spotify music it's a violation of Spotify's terms.

Spotify doesn't allow using the music it serves the users outside their app.

You can read more about that in this page.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Space4, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

Using other software that use Spotify music it's a violation of Spotify's terms.

Spotify doesn't allow using the music it serves the users outside their app.

You can read more about that in this page.

Have a nice day 🙂

Oh sorry I didn't know, guess I have to wake up to the default alarm sound 😔

I am sorry for that, however, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/2zS9DQ5hYnFmzjJGur4Mvo

That makes no sense. The OP was not talking about using another app to play Spotify content but about an alarm app which will launch spotify and start it playing. 

Space4, have you tried Alarm Clock Xtreme & Timer or Gentle Alarm? They work pretty well and free versions are available.

Then why Spotify have an API?
Also because of API limitations, these type of apps needs a premium account to works.
Why Spotify? It's a win-win situation!

Suggested posts