Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not downloading

Solved!

Spotify not downloading

Solved! See solution below:

Today, for no apparent reason Spotify decided to stop downloading songs. It says it is downloading but stays at 0% completed. I've cleared the cache, reinstalled the app and I have 18GB of room so I can't see why it's not working.

Google pixel running android 8.1.0

Update: tried downloading on my old Nexus 5x, same exact problem, same exact symptoms so it seems like an account problem? My wife's Spotify on a different phone on the same WiFi is working just fine.

Screenshot_20180124-222001.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found the solution:

The Windows Spotify program on my computer had crashed and cancelling this solved the problem. Why this crash caused such a specific problem (I could still navigate, listen to music, cast to local devices etc. Just not download) without any form of error message I don't know. It should also be part of the "download issue trouble shooting guide"

Needless to say this is a big oversight from Spotify

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Found the solution:

The Windows Spotify program on my computer had crashed and cancelling this solved the problem. Why this crash caused such a specific problem (I could still navigate, listen to music, cast to local devices etc. Just not download) without any form of error message I don't know. It should also be part of the "download issue trouble shooting guide"

Needless to say this is a big oversight from Spotify

Suggested posts