Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify offline mode doesn't work?

Spotify offline mode doesn't work?

Two days ago I upgraded to premium and today when I wanted to listen to my playlists in offline mode it said "Your 30 days of offline mode.. (something something) has expired". What? How is that possible?

Please give me som answers?

22 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

That's very strange - I can see that you only upgraded to Premium two days ago as you say so you shouldn't get this message. Are you definitely logging into just the 'aliascarola' account and nothing else?

Otherwise, you could try reinstalling the app entirely. Let me know how that goes.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

We are a lot of android users concerned by this problem. I think this is not a question of "blank" in the id, and trying to uninstall it and then installing again is'nt efficient if our case.

Can spotify check his recent premium users, we have paid for something we don't have... and that make me sad 😃

I have the same problem! I've been premium customer for a long time and now  I get this "30 days offlinemode has expired" message, and the app won't go online at all:( Uninstall/re-innstall seams a bit lame to do, so Im hoping someone at Spotify knows what to do...?

If a reinstall didn't help, then try a password reset: http://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

I know it doesn't really seem related, but I've seen it work in a number of cases before. Keep us updated on how you get on.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi , I have tried all of the above but i still cant listen online, it says my licence has expired ,   I am a premium customer so cant see why this would happen ?  Please help me !! 

Jaxter01 - this thread is about offline mode not working. The message you are seeing is because your app needs to go online to validate you are still a premium customer. Can you get online? If your issue is different can you start a new thread.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi Licenced, thanks for your reply, I am a premium customer And i can get online so am really stuck as to what the problem is ....... it says "your licence to listen offline has expired" I have tried usubscribing and subscribing again, uninstalling and reinstalling and changing my password ??

Try clearing Spotify's cache through the Android system setting under Alps section. This will remove all your sync'd playlists but could do the trick
----------------

Hi I'm having trouble with Offline mode too! Keeps telling me no internet connection??? Very frustrated I have tried to uninstall and reinstall app on my android and nothing seems to be working! Never used to have this trouble. Its just frustrating that I am using all my WAP to play spotify, when in theory all downloaded playlists (of which I have 2) should work offline 😞 Makes me wonder why I am paying for a service I cannot use on my phone. any tips???

P.s. What is the alps setting on android and where so I can clear the cache

Sorry, alps was an auto-correct from apps.

I was having the 'no internet connection' issue earlier this evening. For me I get this or a variation of it plus constant playlist desyncing whenever I have made a bunch of changes (re-orders, deletions and additions) on a playlist on the desktop app before launching the mobile app. I think the mobile app just sees a bunch of changes, gets it's knickers in a twist and goes into some kind of panic loop.

To fix this I select the Spotify app in the Android Apps section of the system settings, do a Force Close and then wipe all app data. Once this is clear I have to go back into the app, login and re-download all my playlists from scratch. It works ... until the next time
----------------

Same problem here.

Few days ago I added some new playlists to my spotify Premium account in my WLAN-Enviroment. - But outside the WLAN I can't receive the new playlists. Back in the WLAN I re-downloaded the playlist second time; and offline exact the same problem. The Playlists are not available (but only the news). - What's the problem?

BTW: I read, that I only can synchronize 3.333 songs. Where can I see how many songs I've in totally?

Marcus Baumgarten

I have the exact same problem. We pay for premium and offline mode. I demand that the spotify team fix this asap. I use htc with android. Playlists don't sync and I can't listen offline.

I'm getting a similar issue. 

I had a lot of playlists downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to play on offiline mode and never had any problems until recently. 

Now, whenever I d/load a playlist, it's still there when I go offline, but whenever I close down the app, then re-open it later, they're gone, and I have to re-download them. 

It got worse today, as ALL my old playlists also vanished. 

I've tried clearing the cache, and that hasn't worked either. I also tried setting up Spotify on 'ignore' on my app-killer program, and that seemed to work at first, but today, the two playlists I set up for a walk into town earlier this afternoon have both now gone again. 

No idea what else I can do to fix this. 

I fixed the problem on my S3. I uninstall spotify, clear the cache, install an old version (to mount my sd card), upgrade spotify, and reload all my playlists (2000 songs). It cost me some hours of troubleshooting. 😞

Marcus Baumgarten

So what's the final consensus on how I re-access all the downloaded playlists that are no longer accessible in offline mode on my phone??

Can you maybe give a bit more information about what's happening, what systems you're using?

The past few days, whenever I try to go offline on my LG phone, there is a message that says "To confirm that you're still a Premium user, please go online now". I have been a premium user for almost a year now and have never had a problem. I have tried all the above mentioned solutions but nothing has fixed this problem. I see that I am still registered as a premium user and my account for this month has been paid. 

Is your app in offline mode in Spotify > Settings?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I usually put it on offline mode when I leave my house (or any other time I'm out of wifi range) to save my phone's data, and then switch back to online mode when I'm in a wifi zone in order to update playlists and download other music. I am getting that message immediately upon turning offline mode on. I am not doing anything different than I have been doing the past year I've been using premium, but the past few days it is acting as though I were not a premium member and not allowing me to listen to music while I'm offline.

Suggested posts