Spotify offline mode doesn't work?

Re: Spotify offline mode doesn't work?

licenced
Community Legend
Sorry, alps was an auto-correct from apps.

I was having the 'no internet connection' issue earlier this evening. For me I get this or a variation of it plus constant playlist desyncing whenever I have made a bunch of changes (re-orders, deletions and additions) on a playlist on the desktop app before launching the mobile app. I think the mobile app just sees a bunch of changes, gets it's knickers in a twist and goes into some kind of panic loop.

To fix this I select the Spotify app in the Android Apps section of the system settings, do a Force Close and then wipe all app data. Once this is clear I have to go back into the app, login and re-download all my playlists from scratch. It works ... until the next time
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

DamonWilder
Casual Listener

Same problem here.

Few days ago I added some new playlists to my spotify Premium account in my WLAN-Enviroment. - But outside the WLAN I can't receive the new playlists. Back in the WLAN I re-downloaded the playlist second time; and offline exact the same problem. The Playlists are not available (but only the news). - What's the problem?

BTW: I read, that I only can synchronize 3.333 songs. Where can I see how many songs I've in totally?

Marcus Baumgarten

moneyman
I have the exact same problem. We pay for premium and offline mode. I demand that the spotify team fix this asap. I use htc with android. Playlists don't sync and I can't listen offline.

mazzidane
Casual Listener

I'm getting a similar issue. 

I had a lot of playlists downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to play on offiline mode and never had any problems until recently. 

Now, whenever I d/load a playlist, it's still there when I go offline, but whenever I close down the app, then re-open it later, they're gone, and I have to re-download them. 

It got worse today, as ALL my old playlists also vanished. 

I've tried clearing the cache, and that hasn't worked either. I also tried setting up Spotify on 'ignore' on my app-killer program, and that seemed to work at first, but today, the two playlists I set up for a walk into town earlier this afternoon have both now gone again. 

No idea what else I can do to fix this. 

DamonWilder
Casual Listener

I fixed the problem on my S3. I uninstall spotify, clear the cache, install an old version (to mount my sd card), upgrade spotify, and reload all my playlists (2000 songs). It cost me some hours of troubleshooting. :(

Marcus Baumgarten

Alaris
So what's the final consensus on how I re-access all the downloaded playlists that are no longer accessible in offline mode on my phone??

Joe
Community Legend

Can you maybe give a bit more information about what's happening, what systems you're using?

stellar7225
Casual Listener

The past few days, whenever I try to go offline on my LG phone, there is a message that says "To confirm that you're still a Premium user, please go online now". I have been a premium user for almost a year now and have never had a problem. I have tried all the above mentioned solutions but nothing has fixed this problem. I see that I am still registered as a premium user and my account for this month has been paid. 

Peter__
Community Legend
Is your app in offline mode in Spotify > Settings?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

stellar7225
Casual Listener

I usually put it on offline mode when I leave my house (or any other time I'm out of wifi range) to save my phone's data, and then switch back to online mode when I'm in a wifi zone in order to update playlists and download other music. I am getting that message immediately upon turning offline mode on. I am not doing anything different than I have been doing the past year I've been using premium, but the past few days it is acting as though I were not a premium member and not allowing me to listen to music while I'm offline.

SUGGESTED POSTS