Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Solved!

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Lately when I connect my Galaxy S5 to my 2017 Accord I get a "Spotify Doesn't Seem to be Working Right Now" error message on my interface. When I click the menu button it just stays loading.

The only way I can get it to work is if I delete my cache/saved data every time I start up my car. I download a bulk of my material so that is inconvenient an defeats the purpose of downloading. Please fix this bug.
98 Replies

Ive been having the same issue. Using Android Auto as a stand alone app and Spotify doens work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked for a while but then same thing. I went into App manager on my GS7 and did a force stop and started Android Auto and Spotify was good to go.

I have a Galaxy A5 2016 with Android 6.01 and have the same iasue with Android Auto on Skoda Superb (in German).
The issue is already there, when I start Android Auto on the phone, so I assume it is not a problem of the car Software.
Reinstalling or deleting cache of Android Auto did not help. reinstalling spotify helped first, but after downloading a lot if playlists to my phone it appeared again. maybe has to do witj amount of cached music?

I also have a lot of music cached. This could be one reason. After I though it was solved, the problem reappeared Monday and Tuesday, but after an Android Auto update, it's been working fine.

This indicates the problem is solved, however, when I follow the "Go To Solition" link it's dead.
So what IS the solution? I drive for work, the regs are changing. I need it to work, sadly.

The latest Spotify update fixed it for a couple of days, but the problem keeps happening consistently. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the latest version of Android. The car I'm using Android Auto with is a VW GTI 2017.

I have tried this solution but it worked for only 2 days before it stop working again. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. This issue started with the last spotify update. Any better solution or a bug fix?

Same problem and at least I've found all of you with the same issue.  In my case, 2017 MB E300, Samsung Galaxy S8.  I've deleted / reinstalled android auto AND all music apps 3 times, but this "spotify doesn't appear to be working right now" just keeps coming back.  I subscribed to listen in the car.  If this doesn't get fixed they'll discover "John does not appear to be paying for spotify premium right now"... (-:

there is another thread on this problem on android auto forums at the link below- and yesterday a post suggested turning OFF WiFi when android auto is running, which is a setting in auto.  The guess is it's a hand off issue from WiFi to LTE.  I tried that and haven't had a problem- BUT- it's only been a day so far.  So, maybe...??

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-auto/2WbSbeWISmc;context-place=mydiscussions

Nah mine already set to wifi off also have tried clapping 3 times before connecting it and I have tried not looking at the screen whilst it loads and these don't seem to fix it either.....I guess it is just s@&it and doesn't work! Subscription cancelled.

Yeah seems like Spotify isn't addressing this. Just payed my subscription
but will be cancelling if this isn't fixed by next month.

Yes! Clocktower...this is the fix! Thanks man!

Seems to me like this is a pretty intermittent problem. It's been working for me since the last Android Auto update last week. It takes a very specific set of circumstances for it to stop working but I cannot put my finger on it (I did notice WiFi to LTE was an issue, as well, but not always). Be patient, I'm guessing there are multiple factors inducing that issue and some of them were corrected (as frequency as dropped dramatically after the last Spotify and AA updates) but they ahve yet to find EXACTLY what caused it.

Make sure you all have the latest versions of both software installed. What I did to date:

- Installed Android Update (This is waht seems to have caused the problem for me).

- Peel remote updated itself producing undesirable notifications.

- Disable Peel Remote (confilcting notifications)

- Enable apps to see what you're listening to (was already on on my phone so it wasn't the fix for me).
- Uninstall and reinstall Spotify after last update

- Still had the problem, so disabled the WiFi (worked then but was a pain in the **bleep**)
- Android Auto Update
- WiFi enabled again

Rebooting the phone was just a temporaty fix. This was a problem that occured while programs were running.

Seems to work now for me on Samsung Galaxy S5.

Pandora premium now for the same price has the same 40MM song library as spotify, and I have zero problems with the Pandora app using android auto and a samsung galaxy S8.  It just seems like this app is flakey.  For example I don't see prev saved radio stations either.  Also Amazon music and Google Play Music work fine.  So- there are alternatives...?  The stream quality of spotify is really good though, as are all the playlists already created.  

Same problem. Just fix it please.

SpotifyCares has been giving me one suggestion after another- and I just tried this one

Settings
  Device Maint
     Battery   (scroll to bottom)
       Unmonitored apps
           Select Spotify (which means, spotify can't be put to sleep)

I've also noticed, the spotify app itself "freezes" not attached to usb in the car running android auto- specifically- when I go to my library, radio stations.  So the app freezes sometimes perhaps- it may not be related to android auto (?)

Marked as solution

Hey all, I found a post from Clocktower a little ways back in this thread that helped solve my issue on my Samsung S7...hope it works for you.

Steps:

- Open Spotify App

- Settings

- Device Broadcast Status (Turn On)

Please post if this does solve your issue so that others will see this too.

Cheers!

Yes, this worked for me. I tried everything I could think of last night and it still wouldnt play. This worked fine immediately.

3 days after making this change- spotify has not failed one time

(as opposed to failing every day)... so... hopefully??

Settings
  Device Maint
     Battery   (scroll to bottom)
       Unmonitored apps
           Select Spotify (which means, spotify can't be put to sleep)

I've done that. Now I see Spotify at least again in Android Auto.

The feature to be able to access playlist, songs etc from the menu is now gone.

In the menu there is just queue left...

I'm using a Stock Samsung S6 with Nougat with Android Auto as standalone app directly from my Samsung device.

There was an update that fixed this issue.  I just updated it again and now its broken again.  Pandora works just fine though 😄

Suggested posts