Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Solved!

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Lately when I connect my Galaxy S5 to my 2017 Accord I get a "Spotify Doesn't Seem to be Working Right Now" error message on my interface. When I click the menu button it just stays loading.

The only way I can get it to work is if I delete my cache/saved data every time I start up my car. I download a bulk of my material so that is inconvenient an defeats the purpose of downloading. Please fix this bug.
98 Replies
Marked as solution

I have my own solution since 2 month which solve the problem when it occures. but at the end it is a workaround:

Go to Settings>Apps
Choose the Spotify App
Select FORCE STOP
Restarting Spotify the problem is gone

This helped me every time when the problem exists.
Marked as solution

Thank you for this solution - it works in my Kia with a samsung S6. Given that I only use bluetooth in the car and the phone works with the cable I can sign back up again.

Yep, the only auto's that will work wirelessly with android auto have to have a wifi hotspot built in. Just an fyi.

I have this problem and it is very annoying.

The issue happens after swiping the spotify window (open apps screen) away on a samsung device (I have a galaxy S8+), then attemping to play Spotify on Android Auto.

The issue has nothing to do with the car itself and can be reproduced by opening android auto on the phone. (without being connected to the car)

The only resolution I found is to either restart the phone or "force stop" Spotify in settings -> apps.

Steps to reproduce:

1. open Spotify app.

2. Go to open apps screen and swipe away the Spotify window to close it. (Very common action to close windows on the phone throughout the day by either swiping individually or clicking the "close all" button)

3. Open Android Auto on the phone and attempt to play Spotify.

Result - The error "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment" appears.

Very annoying workaround to resolve issue:

1. restart phone

2. Go into settings, then apps, click on Spotify, and click "force stop".

Result - Next time you open android auto you are able to successfully play Spotify without the above error appearing.

Screenshot_20170724-161528.png
Screenshot_20170724-161522.png
Screenshot_20170724-161426.png

Mine too. Worked the first 3 time i used it and hasn't worked since. Annoying seeing as Pandora got turned off in Australis today so not I have nothing in my car.

The solution is not loading... how did you solve it? The only thing that worked temporarily for me was deletig the cache... but that sucks since i have to download my playlists again..

Go into settings, then apps, click on Spotify, and click "force stop".

Result - Next time you open android auto you are able to successfully play Spotify without the above error appearing

Worked great with my 2017 Ford and Samsung S7 Edge. 

Thanks for quick fix!

You have a Samsung device, no? If so, try turning off Bluetooth before starting Android Auto. Auto's Spotify on my S7 would refuse to start if I tried opening Auto with BT enabled. You can turn it on after Spotify starts with no issues.

I think Bluetooth is the issue. I use Tasker to disable the Bluetooth connection on my Samsung Note 5 when Android Auto is connected and I am experiencing this issue far less frequently. I will still sometimes experience it when I connect the cable then start the car, but it could be because there's an issue with Tasker not shutting off the bluetooth fast enough. When that happens I just disconnect the cable and reconnect it, and Spotify shows up again in Android Auto. 

This works every time, and BTW, I believe this is an Android Auto problem, because I have the exact same problem/solution with my preferred podcast player, and I have seen the same problem/solution.reported for Google Play Music.

It is indeed.

Hallo

I had the same problem and i found a solution. You need to start Spotify and run in background before u connect to the Car.

I've had this problem too with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and 2017 VW Golf mk7. I solved it by turning off Bluetooth before connecting my phone to the car.

https://youtu.be/g6FBoozLW7E

Yes mate! Works!

1) On Galaxy S8 - Force Stop Spotify

2) Connect phone to car via USB

All works fine again! 

I've spent weeks messing with all combinations of settings between my Galaxy and Volvo, and your solution was the ONLY thing that worked... Thanks! 

This works, thanks! 

Spotify won't load. I've tried everything. Worked perfectly with my S7. Doesn't work at all with my S8

Same. Spotify not even an option on music sources when opening AA on my S8+.

Worked fine on my S6.

Back to bluetooth streaming it is then...

Screenshot_20180224-105812.png

I actually just re installed spotify on my s8 and it's working fine now

Suggested posts