Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify outrageous background datausage

Spotify outrageous background datausage

Hi, this month I actually have not paid for premium and so, I left the Spotify app alone. Today I ran out of data so I checked the usage. In about 3 days the Spotify app, not downloading or doing anything inperticular used almost 400mb of cellular data. The how and why is this?

Regards Anton
3 Replies

@Krus wrote:
Hi, this month I actually have not paid for premium and so, I left the Spotify app alone. Today I ran out of data so I checked the usage. In about 3 days the Spotify app, not downloading or doing anything inperticular used almost 400mb of cellular data. The how and why is this?

Regards Anton

This is a known bug in the Android application - the easiest way to get around it is to deny it useage to background data if you're on ICS+. This will stop you streaming tracks, but you will still be able to listen to offline tracks.

The thing is, I can't use Spotify at all cause I haven't got premium at the moment. THAT'S why I find it silly that Spotify has been using this much data.

@Krus wrote:
The thing is, I can't use Spotify at all cause I haven't got premium at the moment. THAT'S why I find it silly that Spotify has been using this much data.

Yup, it is a known bug though, and there is a rather long topic on it in this section 😉

There is also a thread in the bugs section about it 🙂

Suggested posts